What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
-3c (26f) outside right now, going down to -10c (14f) overnight. Looks like we have one week left of daytime highs above freezing, then winter is going to set in. Pine in the stove right now, will start mixing birch in with the pine from now on.

It's still 51 out with the temp up here at 72 but with some rain coming in tonight and tomorrow, I have a pine fire going.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Newspaper, lots of kindling, and oak. 58 tonight at 11 PM. Still waiting for our first fire this season.

We've had 4 or 5 fires so far this season. We had a bunch of 40 ish nights in a row and I figured what the heck. Normally I'd just run the heat pump at 65 but it's early shoulder season and the wife was cold. Don't have to twist my arm! ::-)

Going to be warm and dry for Halloween tomorrow! Then it looks like there will be some overnight fires coming up.

Screenshot_20211031-012742_Weather.jpg

44 out now with a low of 38 tonight. Some more post oak in the 74 for the night. Looks like some colder than average temps for most of next week and finally we should get our first frost tomorrow night.

Forecast for 70 degrees to day and tomorrow, but there is hope. With highs in 50's and lows in the 30's, it looks my first fire of the season will be Wednesday. Listen to me complaining about a 70 degree day. Any wood burner would understand!

Got chilly out trick or treating yesterday. Started up the insert with chunks from the mixed bin-O-uglies. Working from home so keeping it going today.

Have had only 4 afternoon/ over night fires so far (more because of dampness). First frost this morning finally and around freezing over night for the next week. Been burning uglies but time to get into some ash, soft maple and sassafras tonight.

Warmest October on record according to Channel 9 out of Wheeling/ Steubenville.

It’s was an unusually warm October. I have not even moved wood from the stacks to the stove room yet, but I’ve had a few spot fires here and there. Still kinda warm this evening but temps should drop to the 30’s tonight so I fired her up with a pine load to start with a couple maple sticks on top. Will do a full maple/ash load later tonight.

Currently about 40F with a chilly rain coming down. Forecast for our first frost/freeze tonight with temps in the upper 20's, a couple of weeks later than normal. Have a load of shorts and punk going now and more set aside for an evening fire.

We had 35.2 this morning, after we voted I started a pine fire. Looking at the weather forecast, we only have a few nights below 30 with the temps during the day sort of like we've had this week, maybe even warmer.

I'm thinking about burning pine until it gets colder.

We had 35.2 this morning, after we voted I started a pine fire. Looking at the weather forecast, we only have a few nights below 30 with the temps during the day sort of like we've had this week, maybe even warmer.

I'm thinking about burning pine until it gets colder.
Nothing wrong with pine. I like burning pine.