What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
More holly and pine. Here are some pics of how I start mine, hardwood bark and chips in the center with pine scraps around the outside, and "fireplace mode". I love having the screen on it, hearing the crackle and smelling it.

1018211945_Film3.jpg 1018212001_Film3.jpg

Last edited:
Still too warm here. 50F currently, supposed to drop in the low 40’s overnight. Heat pump will continue to carry us…. Good news, got the gaskets switched out on the Jotul. She is ready for some cold weather.

Ash & soot. Never got to clean the chimney after last winter. Fixed that problem a few days ago. Just have to finish the inside of the stove, check the gasket, & firebrick. then the wifey will build too hot of a fire and roast me out of the house...

We had a fire this morning (pine) and we have a cold front coming in tonight so I just started another pine fire.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
We had 44.6 this morning, we had a pine fire while having coffee and the wife started another pine fire when I was out in the woods. They are forecasting a temp of 32 tonight.

The basement where the stove is has a temp of 83 and up here it's 74.

I had shorts and uglies of elm and ash in the stove today, my wife said the house was 83 at around noon and she opened some windows. Big success lol!! Last night it was about 33 and tonight it might hit 32 or lower so the ash splits have come out. Weather looks good for 24/7 burning for the foreseeable future so pine/cherry mix during the day, ash splits at night if in the 30's or more pine/cherry mix for overnights that aren't in the 30's.

Nothing...my burning has not started. Still in the 80's here but nights are getting cooler. Probably 2-3 weeks from my first burn. The stove is ready, pipe cleaned, new gaskets, touch up on the enamel. All I need is cooler weather.

A dual purpose fire this morning. Baking the door gasket cement and stove polish. Secondly, just curbing my need to have a fire. Now maybe I can wait to start full force later into November lol. A few cherry splits and pine this morning.