What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm not sure on the temp this morning but since we stopped burning before the windstorm came in, I went out this morning so I could check the wood & pellet stove pipes, all was good, we fired up the Liberty with some maple & cherry.

After a cold stove on Saturaday because of warm temps I cleaned the stove and then lit it up mid afternoon today and have a load of oak in overnight. I got some time in splitting the rest of my black birch and stacking it and also set up some new pallets for future stacks. I have many oak trees that were killed from gypsy moths that I will be cutting and splitting over the winter. That stash will likely be used 3 years from now if all goes as planned. I was able to get a bunch of oak, hickory, cherry and ash over the summer and ran into some maple and a bit of elm fairly recently. Scrounging a bit and plenty to cut on my property. Still looking to get a log load through work at some point.

27˚ and calm wind right now. Just some hot coals, getting ready to load her up with some Red Oak for the night. Supposed to be 70˚ by Friday, crazy weather.

Just reloaded w some maple

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Just threw some more pine in the Strattford II which will be coals for the overnight in 3 or 4 hours. Haven't heard anything from home about burning the house down with the NC30, so I assume they're doing OK with it.

I think I'm going to cut my wood for here in the northwoods for the Strattford II 12" so I can load it N/S. E/W just doesn't go as well. The hardwood and punky honey locust shorts loaded N/S burn so much better than the 16" pine loaded E/W. First load of the day is the punky honey locust N/S with pine E/W on top to get things heated up and some coals, during the day I do pine E/W with sleepers under for airflow, overnight is hardwood shorts and uglies N/S mostly but occasionally regular 16" hardwood E/W. It will be nice when I get my wood supply up here on par with home.

I let the stove go out after the morning load. It got too warm in the main house level. It was mid 40s and sunny. Then there was some major cooking in the eve. Will have to start a new fire in the am. I will be waking up to the sound of the furnace.

Just talked to my wife, so Professor (N)icholas (C)harles the III, (D)r emeritus hasn't burned the house down...

OK that's pretty bad...

Have the build in the northwoods up to 69 with the Strattford II. Have I mentioned how tired I am of drywall mud...

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Stove is full of cold ashes this evening. Temps are supposed to soar to a high of 67 tomorrow. Currently 52F. Heat pump will carry us for a few nights till the next cold front moves in.

It's still 71 out with 23 mph winds right now so the stove is cold. It has been ridiculously windy with a peak wind gusts of 53 here today. We have a cold front blowing through around midnight that will take us down to 43 so I will let the heat pump do some work until tomorrow morning. I helped a buddy building another deck all day today and when I pulled up the drive I noticed that the wind had blown the barn tin off of one of my stacks. I got it all back up though.

It's still 71 out with 23 mph winds right now so the stove is cold. It has been ridiculously windy with a peak wind gusts of 53 here today. We have a cold front blowing through around midnight that will take us down to 43 so I will let the heat pump do some work until tomorrow morning. I helped a buddy building another deck all day today and when I pulled up the drive I noticed that the wind had blown the barn tin off of one of my stacks. I got it all back up though.
I suppose your weather is fast blowing toward great lakes.
Suppose to be warm and windy here tomorrow

I have maybe 1/4 cord of hemlock left and about 1/3 cord of black locust here. Not good!

I hope that's not all for this winter?

Reactions: MEngineer24