What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We ran some pine fires today which kept the basement at 77 and the temp up here was 71. Tonight we'll run the pellet stove which should keep the same temps in the house, we already hit 14 tonight.

Long leaf pine. It seasons in one year. I might not burn anything else.

Stove 1: Fresh mixed load of oak, ash, and sassafras, set for an 8 hour burn. It was 19F this morning.

Stove 2: Red oak, stuffed full at 6pm yesterday, set for a 24-hour burn.

A few medium splits of willow, a little maple, and some cherry coals left over from last night/early morn burn. Plenty of four year old oak on hand, but havnt dugvinto that yet!

It's around 30 out tonight so I have a load of cherry in the Lopi Liberty.

Finally some cold weather and burning some eastern white pine and some mystery wood that was stacked in the rain and heavy as heck last year, put in a dry shed and is now light as a feather . Was just a ten to twelve inch tree so there isn't much of it.

Finally got my gasket replaced just in time for the cold snap. I have some chunks of oak and hickory Im going to burn the next few nights. Ill save my primo splits for the real cold.

It's 29.8 tonight with some cherry going in the Liberty. This morning we burned the last of the fall shoulder season wood (white pine) yea!

The snow started around 8:30 tonight, NOAA is saying around 9 inches by the time the storm ends.

We're at 18 tonight with the snow coming down pretty good, the Lopi Liberty has Maple on the bottom and four good size Yellow Birch splits on the top.

NOAA has us getting 13 inches of snow the last I looked tonight.

First burn of the season for me tonight. All ash thats been in the basement since April next to he dehumidifier. Stuff is like desert wood. I use propane til it gets into the regular 30’s for highs. The englander furnace is a cold weather beast, but she’s a little overqualified for the casual “take the chill out” burn. Looks like we’ll be burning regular for a while.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We have been breaking every record in the book in the past 24h. Heck with hemlock, out comes the hard maple for tonight. Will likely go back to hemlock in a few days.

All oak right now! Snowing it’s butt off and 26 “feel like” degrees. 70 inside and continues to climb since I got home at 4 and lit the stove

Wood scraps and small pine branches...20 degrees outside and the coldest room (farthest from the stove) in the house is 69 degrees. The new siding is keeping the house toasty...

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

We're at 8 tonight with a forecast low of 4, I'm thinking we'll drop below that. I'll load up some yellow birch tonight before I hit the sleeper.

We had two this morning but the load of yellow birch and the pellet stove on a medium setting had the basement 82 with the temps up here between 69-70.

It's 5.4 tonight so we have some yellow birch in the Lopi Liberty with the Yankee Pellet Stove going in the opposite corner.

We had 6 this morning with a load of cherry providing the heat.

Reactions: MMH
It's 23.4 tonight so we'll go with a load of cherry for the overnight load.

Some beech and red maple. Saving my red and white oak and ironwood for the deep freeze days

Attachments

• IMG_20191116_083024_942.jpg
    IMG_20191116_083024_942.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: thewoodlands