What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’m burning locust and oak mix tonight. Locust is seasoned 6 years. Not bragging. I think that wood lasts forever split and stacked.

It's 24.8 tonight with a load of maple and cherry going in the Liberty.

We had 20.4 this morning with more cherry going in the Liberty.

We had 20.4 this morning with more cherry going in the Liberty.
You've burned enough Cherry to have made cobbler for half the population of earth. ;lol
Most. Boring. Thread. Ever.
They aren't quite as boring but we've been able to build up our tolerance over the years with the BK threads. ;)

Last edited:
You've burned enough Cherry to have made cobbler for half the population of earth. ;lol
They aren't quite as boring but we've been able to build up our tolerance over the years with the BK threads. ;)
Nothing like when we starting heating with wood, mother nature took down a chit load of cherry with some high winds.

Ash and some cedar, not as cold last night.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It's 25.4 tonight so the wood stove will go cold after burning down some coals and we'll burn a bag of pellets in the P.S.

Reactions: heavy hammer
We had 30 this morning, the pellet stove did the job overnight. We switched back over to the wood stove this morning with some cherry in the Liberty.

Our high today was 37.4.

More pine scraps mixed with pine scraps...

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

We had 31 this morning with more cherry going in the Liberty.

8A783006-9255-4AC3-82DA-50FE206EB0A0.jpeg

A923F379-E102-43EB-A1E2-626DC48D13F2.jpeg

Got night temps of 0-10 F with highs of 20-30 F starting tonight. Winter is here. The night loads for the next several days will be mahogany oak and juniper +\- some pine with pine during the days.

It's 32.5 tonight with another load of cherry in the Lopi.

Still plowing through hemlock. Later on this week as the temps drop I will be loading hard maple as the night load, in order to have hot coals in the morning. I have about two more weeks of hemlock burning and then it will be 95% hard maple.

It was 35.1 this morning with more cherry in the wood stove.

Small fires here with a little ash and some cedar splits. We had temps i the 50's yesterday and supposed to be close to 60 today. Cooler temps are coming in the later part of the week so I'll probably be using some locust. The temps lately have been very mild. Even over night.

Tonight NOAA has us with a low of 14 and tomorrow night a low of 5, we have some yellow birch in the Liberty and the pellet stove set so it kicks on when the wood stove stops putting out heat.

Woke up to 25*F outside, threw in a couple Maple, Ash and Oak to git r going.

Still burning pine scraps mixed with more pine scraps...

Got some great secondary burn happening....

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

We had 13 this morning with more yellow birch burning in the Liberty, we'll give the pellet stove the day off but use it again tonight with the wood stove.