What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Had lows of single digits the other night and had some odd shaped pieces of mahogany so I threw them in 2 decent size pieces 2 branch’s, woke up to stove top of 400 still..eager to see if I stuff it full!
4467387F-936A-4029-AC08-DBBA6C5891AC.jpeg

C57CC11F-9DB0-4DCF-93C7-6C02F7C9113A.jpeg

Still working through hemlock. Slowly starting to see the hard maple row in the wood shed. It’s 26 out there today and the hemlock is doing surprisingly ok. The stove at the lake (BK) gets fed anything pretty much, cedar, hemlock, basswood, white birch....that thing is not fussy.

NOAA has us heading to a low of 8 tonight, it's 11.5 at 10:18. The Liberty has cherry,maple and three nice size splits of yellow birch going with the pellet stove going in the other corner of the basement.

It was 7.4 this morning with more yellow birch and cherry going in the Liberty, the pellet stove is off for the day.

It's 23.9 tonight with another load of cherry,maple and some yellow birch in the Liberty.

Full load of walnut. Not to cold tonight but quite windy.

We had 20 this morning with another load of yellow birch providing the heat.

A primer load of 2 sticks of post oak. Got home late and didnt want to fill it up....would have messed up my overnight.

We had 10.4 this morning with some cherry splits going in the wood stove.

We have a temp of 15.1 tonight with a load of yellow birch in the Liberty for the overnight burn.

It was 24.8 this morning with some cherry going in the wood stove.

It's 31.5 tonight with some cherry providing the overnight heat.

We had 30.2 this morning with more cherry going in the Liberty.

We had 19.2 this morning, I burned some pellets overnight but went back to the wood stove this morning with more cherry going in the Liberty.

It's 20.3 tonight with a load of soft and hard maple in the Liberty.

Relaxing by insert.

Attachments

• 20191206_214109.jpg
    20191206_214109.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: thewoodlands
It’s 21.9 with high wind. Filles the stove with tamarack and went to bed. Tamarack is what I burn 99% of the time. I have tons of it on my land and there is a desease in them a lot are dying.

Temps haven't been to bad but the wind has made it seem colder the last couple of days. I have a mix of locust and ash in the stoves to keep the chill away.

We had 10.4 this morning with some maple and cherry seeing some action in the Liberty.

Reactions: heavy hammer
Oddly enough, I’ve been burning loads of willow due to the mild temps for daytime burns. Oak loads at night tho. I had big reservations about the willow, but it’s been doing the job. Don’t get me wrong, it’s super light and I have to reload about every 2-3 hours, but it’s crap wood I need to burn. Been drying for a few years now so it doesn’t have much life left to it. It’s not been as bad as I thought tho. And it’s letting me save my harder stuff for Jan-March.