What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 15.4 this morning with the pellet stove supplying the heat.

We have a temp of 22.6 with NOAA calling for a low of 19 tonight so the Lopi Liberty has a load of hard & soft maple in it.

We had 23.4 this morning with another load of the maples going in the Liberty.

40F here today 4 large red oak splits going in shortly. Going to get things hot then turn it down for a low slow fire . Then I'm heading to the woods and scouting a new hunting area and putting up a tree stand for Muzzle loader season.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

A mix of hard wood from a supplier. Seasoned for 2 years he says. Lights up easy and has that hollow sound when you stack them. This is one of them.
image.jpg

Reactions: thewoodlands
Hksvr4 is that ash?

Do you have some other pics from some other pieces it looks like ash but the first pic you posted could also be locust. But I'm going to say ash. Great wood.

Looks like ash to me. Nice looking stuff.

Reactions: Stinkpickle
It's 35.1 tonight and with the house temp at 70 we'll go without a fire.

39 and foggy tossed in a few small sticks and splits about an hour ago, air control is almost completely closed. Low and slow tonight just enough to keep the chill and damp at bay.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've been mostly burning ash and maple, saving oak and hickory for real winter. I also mix bio bricks XL when its cold and have a pallet of NEIL's for the real cold to come.

Reactions: heavy hammer
Dont you have 100 acres of woodland?
We have 142 more or less but since we had the pellet stove before the land I cut on, we still use it. Also heating from the basement, it's always nice to have that constant heat from the pellet stove when the fire from the wood stove starts to die out.

The more or less comes off of the deed from the bigger piece I cut on, the house lot is 5.5 acres and the bigger lot is 136 acres more or less on the deed.

Last edited:
We had 36.5 this morning with the Liberty getting a load of the maples, hard and soft.

NOAA has a low of 30 for us tonight with 2-4 inches of snow tonight with that same amount falling tomorrow, we'll go with a load of the maples for the overnight fire.

We had 31 this morning with a load of the maples seeing action in the Liberty.

We have a temp of 14.5 tonight with NOAA calling for a low of 11, we have some yellow birch, sugar and soft maple going in the Liberty with the Yankee pellet stove set on manual with the temp setting on medium for the night.

Reactions: Hksvr4