What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 6.2 this morning so the Liberty saw a load of soft maple, we're at 31 this afternoon.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
It's 26.2 tonight with another load of soft & sugar maple supplying the heat for the night.

It got to 51 here today so i let stove go cold and it will only drop to 42 tonight. I put a small load of red oak in the stove to heat the house up for the night and will let it go out. Gunna be nearly seventy tomorrow before it cools back off monday night.

Reactions: thewoodlands
It got to 51 here today so i let stove go cold and it will only drop to 42 tonight. I put a small load of red oak in the stove to heat the house up for the night and will let it go out. Gunna be nearly seventy tomorrow before it cools back off monday night.
Yeah, we're getting off easy this winter ain't we. ==c Only had a couple snows, both under 1".
Right after I lit the stove, I thought "Dang, it was just about cold..I coulda cleaned the glass." <> That's OK, I can let it run down again sometime in the next few days. I might even replace a couple gaskets. I have a new cat coming, so maybe I'll get it all done in one pass. Might have to heat the stove a little somehow to get the gasket cement to dry in less that 24 hrs..

We had 22.4 this morning with another load of the maples going in the Liberty this morning. Tonight we'll burn a bag of pellets, they're calling for a low of 15.

Late night snack in there....

20200202_014349.jpg

This morning was 17 degrees with the pellet stove being turned off and back over to wood.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Last nights load of 95% oak.

Attachments

• 257FB754-7108-48C9-B27F-82440CE98293.jpeg
    257FB754-7108-48C9-B27F-82440CE98293.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 107
Yesterday almost hit 60, 2 degrees shy of recording breaking from 1934. Snow today and temp drop calling for negatives for next 2 nights; I haven’t actually done it yet but I think next 2 nights I’ll try my test distance run. Gunna stuff her full of the mahogany and see how long I get out of it. I have a decent amount of pieces that measure 7-10” in diameter. We’ll see how it goes.
C5389043-B573-419A-A184-06399875EE05.jpeg

We have 26.1 with Accu calling for a low of 25, we have another load of soft and sugar maple going in the Liberty tonight.

We hit a new record high of 76 yesterday and it only got down to lower 50s last night so the stove has been cold. Its going to get to 70 today before it cools off tomorrow morning with snow tuesday into wednesday.

This is one crazy winter we are having. I told the wife the other day that we were going to have to move up to the northern part of the state to get back to having real winters. I hate this in between crap. Either be winter or be a 6 month long spring. But not both, all it does is make a mess of everything. We had record rain fall in 2019 and this winter has not been a whole lot better as far as rain goes. I’ve been fighting the mud for what seems a whole calendar year.

50F yesterday, possibly a record. Stove was cold during the day. Cleaned ash out of the stove, and cleaned the cat. Back to normal today, with lows in the teens coming soon. Will use ash and elm for 20F+, and will bust out some red oak for the teens.

We had 29.1 this morning with more soft maple going in the stove.

Currently 5 out with windchill making it -12. I had these 2 pieces of mahogany the pictures don’t do justice, I’m guessing they easily weighed 60-70+ lbs together. I couldn’t fit much else in the stove with them. Excited to see how long these last!
37C058B4-E187-41E5-B8ED-73062755E128.jpeg
B8AB4836-0DEB-4697-8EBE-628B1B187B6B.jpeg

We had 27 this morning but we had a few things on the schedule so our first fire was started around 11:45 a.m.