What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
A mild 42 here tonite, just ashes and some hot embers in the Kuuma, will let the propane take over for a day or two before starting in with the wood when cooler weather arrives. My neighbor had a chimney fire tonite- BURN SAFE.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
We had 32.5 this morning with some junk maple going in the Liberty.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Its 45 now with a forecasted low of 40. I am putting a half load of red oak in the stove for the night and will let it go out. Its going to be in the 60s for highs the next seven days at least so this will be my routine for now.

It's 40.3 tonight with a good rain still coming down, more maple will go in the wood stove tonight.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
I didn't even load my stove last night. The warmer temps have been nice. house only got down to 64 over night. 42 outside this morning. Put some maple and cherry in to keep the boiler from turning on. At this rate I might still have some wood left in my storage rack near the house at the end of the season. More warm temps coming back Sunday.

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
Been running Oak all winter but with the recent warmer temps I have been running nothing but night fires..

It's 29.1 at the moment with the maples and one round of ironwood making up the overnight load.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH
It was 32 this morning. I had a half load of post oak going before heading out. Still getting up in the fifties and sixties for highs.

Reactions: MMH
It was 37.1 this morning, nothing for fire in the wood or pellet stoves today. We had a propane line installed off our 3/4 inch Wardflex running to the propane fireplace. We're getting rid of the electric stove, the new propane stove will be in by the end of the month when we make the switch.

Reactions: MMH
Not too cold today -1::C tonight -11::C
Burning a little hard maple Wait a minute hard maple is all I have
So I guess I will put more in later.

Saturday morning it was 14.3 and this morning we had 28.4 with more maple providing the heat.

It's 38.5 tonight with a load of not so great maple going in the Liberty.

We had 44.1 this morning but the wife still wanted a fire so the Liberty received some not so great maple.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH