What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Home today. Unseasonably cold. Ash burnin' in the VC.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Mostly just ashes with a few remaining coals, supposed to be 65 today & 40 tonight. I will load some Siberian Elm & Cherry scraps tonight to keep the chill out.

We had 24.2 this morning with a load of junk azz birch and some pine going in the Liberty.

Reactions: JimBear
It's 35.2 tonight with a mix of pine and hardwood in the Liberty.

It was 33.1 this morning with a mix of pine and some hardwood in the Liberty.

smoldering some maple and red oak, temp is 42 outside with showers and a north east breeze, I'm sitting at a comfy 73 inside

It was in the sixties this morning with thunderstorms but by the time I got home from work it was 38. Gunna go down to around freezing with post and red oak coals now with more for overnight.

We're heading to around 38 for a low so we have a small fire going tonight.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Warmer here today, going to let the fire burn out and clean the ashes out sometime tomorrow, the weather forecast looks encouraging, 60's Monday - Wednesday, lows in the 40's, another cool shot of air coming towards Friday, so no more fires until then.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
We brought in some pine today but we'll go without a fire tonight.

Reactions: Gearhead660
No fire for past couple days. Been mild here. Decided to fire up the insert with some ash and elm since its getting down to 29 tonight.

Earlier today the wife wanted a fire so we have some pine going in the wood stove.

I've had my stove shut down for about a week and a half now, was thinking that was it for the season. However, starting Wed night, I'll be back to 24/7 burning! 9 days in a row of 50 or lower for the high and around 32 or lower for the lows, def worthwhile for keeping the stove going!

Happy I didn't quite get around the cleaning out the stove pipe yet :)

I've had my stove shut down for about a week and a half now, was thinking that was it for the season. However, starting Wed night, I'll be back to 24/7 burning! 9 days in a row of 50 or lower for the high and around 32 or lower for the lows, def worthwhile for keeping the stove going!

Happy I didn't quite get around the cleaning out the stove pipe yet :)
It is Wisconsin...will probably have snow yet this spring!

Reactions: WoodBurnerInWI
Put some maple in tonight, supposed to be 78 tomorrow but then in the upper 40’s - low 50’s later this week.

It's 43 tonight with a load of pine going in the Liberty.

We had 26 this morning so we had two pine fires today, with the heat from that and the sun the old barn warmed up nice.