What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had a high of 54 today, so still burning oak and the occasional elm. We sleep in the loft and it gets toasty up there, so my wife took the flannel sheets off.

Both stoves have been cold this week temps have been in the 60's and 70's even the furnace hasn't been running. It looks like it will cool down next week so burning should start back up a little to early to call it for the year.

Cloudy rainy day here today. 41 outside and 63 inside...firing up the stove with a load of red maple! When there's no mid day sun to take over the heat pump would be running all day and that's no bueno. First fire in a week or so. Enjoy the ambient sounds of a wood stove heating up and young children!

Last edited:
Wife is asking for a fire to help dry out some clothes but its 57 degrees outside now and won't drop below 50 until 4 am. Plus it's still 68 in here from the am fire. Laundry is going to have to wait...it's a heat pump night!

I don't like burning when it's this warm, just feels like a waste of hard earned good wood and the heat pump is very efficient. It's a little different in the fall when I have uglies to burn but this time of year it's only grade A primo wood left.

Had both stoves going this weekend ash and a big split of locust in the basement. I'm glad I filled the garage back up last weekend since I didn't have any time this weekend. I worked 16's from Friday on so home time was short.

Low headed for around 10 ish juniper and pine tonight
6ADFC5C1-168D-4A74-83B0-0A7D77780E38.jpeg

68 inside and 59 outside so the stove staying cold tonight. Looks like we'll be burning a bit Friday then just few overnight fires this week. The heat pump can carry us to the afternoon sun when its 40+ in the am.

This is true shoulder season in New England!

Screenshot_20210331-191313_Chrome.jpg

The stove has been lifeless for a couple days now, but with a low of 22 tonight, it's fired back up with oak and elm. We're under a red flag warning, with gusts up to 30.

Just some ashes right now. I am planning on firing the Fireview up tonight with low temps down to 20f and a cold Friday in the forecast too.

6 year old pic of pup Ben enjoying the soft heat of a soapstone stove.

10923334_770630472992702_3875756119091381558_n.jpg

Just some ashes right now. I am planning on firing the Fireview up tonight with low temps down to 20f and a cold Friday in the forecast too.

6 year old pic of pup Ben enjoying the soft heat of a soapstone stove.

View attachment 277344

Nice looking pup, what breed? Looks a little boxer/mastiff-y!

As for me I have a big pile of bark in there right now just to get a little heat before an overnight light load of red maple.

20210401_174552.jpg

Nice looking pup, what breed? Looks a little boxer/mastiff-y!

As for me I have a big pile of bark in there right now just to get a little heat before an overnight light load of red maple.

I pup is a Vizsla , I think can see how you would see those breeds.

Here he is all grown up .

73136603_2454530821269317_4780980125858529280_o.jpg