What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
it's like 45º and damp outside... 'sposta warm up.. then again drop in temps like Ma Nature can't decide whether to make some happy and some sad ernot...
anyway, more "pretty decent" birch in my jøtul warming the home...
heard next week it'll drop back to the lower 40's for highs...
and monday is my "official" first day of retirement so i'll be stokin' the stove in late april as my new job.
CFW.

Congrats on looking back at a life of work, and forward to a life of work you do for yourself!

• Love
Reactions: JamesGuido
Congrats on looking back at a life of work, and forward to a life of work you do for yourself!
wow... Thank you so very much! i never looked at it like that.
everyone makes a big deal of it yet it's just me not having to wake to an alarm that i'm excited about. (not that i'm a late sleeper anyway...)

Thank you again.
i think my eyes are watering my face hair

Reactions: stoveliker
Sounds like SE WI. Looks like light burning for at least a week. Heading back to the northwoods tomorrow. Will be burning there longer by the look of the forecast. Half load of ash in the NC30 right now for overnight.

The wife said the house was cooling off so I have a small load of ash in the Liberty.

Reactions: Bobbob and NickW
After a week of no burning I just fired a load of ash off...I will let it burn its course..then repeat the next 2 evenings...

Got back to the northwoods about 3:45. 31 degrees and snow squalls. Surprisingly very little snow left on the ground. I've done 2 mid size loads of box elder fast and hot to get the temperature up and will have beech, ash and maybe some birch for the overnight. 28 now, down to mid teens tonight.

Overcast and rainy all day - living room dropped to 63F. Got a fire going on evening with oak and beech limb wood I picked up in the woods while walking dog.

Next couple of nights we are back in the high 30s overnight - will probably burn random limbs I find in the yard.

1 fire every evening still going on here at the NJ coast.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I burn 100% maple. My loads are max every time. Not seen are the three small logs perpendicular behind the lot.

IMG_1144.JPG Maple Firewood loading.jpg

Looks good! What stove is that?

Work horses are good! Especially if they provide comfort :)

It's 35.2 tonight with a load of Ash going in the wood stove, it's 70 up here in the living room, 69 in the sleeper and 75 and getting warmer in the basement where the stove is.

40F outside w/64F living room. Last night burnt through a large knurly piece of beech. Reloaded this morning with large piece of maple and bits and pieces of broken limbs from yard.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Not really. I put in a few kindling sticks the size of pencils vertically with paper and start it that way. It is slow to start with zero ashes and coals. When it starts I get a nice controlled burn. Happy with the unit. great bargain.
Worth giving it a try. Should put out much less smoke on start up. Also pretty cool to see a ripping fire on top of the splits with super fast time to strong secondary burn.

DA0AF136-6D89-44C3-A498-82157E437DAD.jpeg

+1 for top 1... I stack kindling right up against 2ndary tubes and very quickly you'll see fire jets shooting out even when just burning kindling. Smoke stack clears out in a matter of minutes.

We had 27.2 this morning with a nice load of ash going in the wood stove while we had coffee. We started off with a living room temp of 66 this morning and a temp of 68 in the sleeper.

NOAA is calling for a low of 28 tonight and 27 tomorrow night, we have another load of ash going in the Lopi.

Reactions: zmender and NickW