What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
In my post above from last night, I said that there were three splits of ash for the overnight fire with pine. I actually filled the liberty up with ash, when the basement temp hit 79, I shut off the fan. The temp up here was 72 heading to 73 when I called it a night.

We had a temp of 28.4 this morning with the temp up here at 70 and the basement still at 73, we had a fire with just pine this morning, the temp up here at 72.

I think tomorrow we'll put in what is leftover of the ash from last year, tonight should be in the 20's again so the overnight fire will be all ash.

This morning we still had a nice bed of coals from the ash.

Reactions: MEngineer24
BBD282BD-948D-4CE2-9DF7-240F722CE413.jpeg
Had to have 1 st Fire just because it’s been raining for 3 days straight and going to continue for probably at least 2 more days. Got to dry it out in here.

I wish I was burning right now. Sold the house no more stove. All I see is rooftops from high above. Weekends only for me now, burning at the cottage. Keep the pics coming, love them.

Accu has our area with a low of 29 tomorrow morning, the basement is 77 getting warmer and up here is 72 with the Liberty seeing a load of ash for the overnight low.

We've had the fire lit the last couple mornings, had frost on the windshields again this morning. Probably had a dozen fires already this fall, first one was in August. Somehow we managed to get through September without any snow, but looks like Tuesday we are going to get some.

Posted this exactly a year ago. What a difference a year makes, have only lit the stove once this season and just because I could. The AC unit even ran a dozen times today. Looking at the 14 day forecast there will be no need for the stove in that time frame, and I'm certainly not putting the cover back on the AC unit in that time either. We've only had frost once this fall so far.

So for now all my stove has in it is a small pile of ashes.

@bigealta , just curious….in your avatar, what is the dog going after?
Frisbee, if u look close you can see its right when she caught it. It was one of those soft or fabric frisbees. The hard frisbees started cutting her mouth as she hits them pretty hard.

We had 30.4 this morning with a temp up here at 70 and in the basement 73. We had a small shoulder season fire while we had coffee, it's 72 up here and still 73 in the basement where our stove is.

Accu is calling for a morning low of 34 for our area, I had a small shoulder season fire after supper with the temp up here at 73. I think that I'll burn some ash tonight before I call it a night.

Been a few rainy days with little sunlight. Tossed a few cherry pieces and maple top sticks just to keep the furnace from kicking on.

We had 32.4 this morning, the basement was still 73 and the temp up here was 71. We had a small shoulder season wood fire while having a cup of coffee.

the one time that ugly is good! Ugly pieces of oak (when very dry) are fantastic!

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 42.4 this morning, we had a small shoulder season fire since the temp was going to be in the 70's today. We hit 70 at 2:45 this afternoon.

Waiting for mine to get installed, so I am guessing the installation instructions.
lol. I'd keep them. In case you ever sell your stove.
(There is a member here that has in his signature that "manuals are for lighting up a stove" or something to that effect...)

We were in the high 40's this morning with rain coming in so we're having a shoulder season fire.

Nice cool Fall day in the mid 40’s. Fired up the stove with a half load of Aspen. Cooking some grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

View attachment 300039
I really like that tin you have for your wood. Im trying to find something like that, which isnt some cheap paint garbage that I would get at a box store. I also considered a half whiskey barrel. Those are some nice logs you have there. I have faux log paneling (that is spreading/cupping from the heat). It looks like I will be replacing with some sort of stone next summer. I really like the look though of a wood stove near wood (within proper clearances of course)

I really like that tin you have for your wood. Im trying to find something like that, which isnt some cheap paint garbage that I would get at a box store. I also considered a half whiskey barrel. Those are some nice logs you have there. I have faux log paneling (that is spreading/cupping from the heat). It looks like I will be replacing with some sort of stone next summer. I really like the look though of a wood stove near wood (within proper clearances of course)
Thanks, it’s an old copper boiler, been in the family for awhile, works great for firewood. I’ve seen them in antique shops.

The logs are 10” Lodgepole Pine. I was thinking of putting some rock behind there but the wife likes it the way it is.

Low 40’s this morning with another shoulder season fire going. Supposed to be a cold front moving through today into tomorrow. Calling for our first below freezing temps for this fall.

20221008_100931.jpg
Some pine and elm. Waiting for the first fire of the season. Got down to the 30s this morning with a nice frost. Mini split still able to keep it comfortable.