What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Great you guys are still burning. Have not had a fire in almost 3 weeks. Mix of heat pump and NG. Got back from turkey hunting in the Berkshires. We had 28 and 32 morning temps. I was wishing I had a stove going!

Reactions: thewoodlands
Had some odd chunks of oak going last night. Gotta keep the kids warm. No way I'm turning my thermostat up especially this late in the season.

We had 34 this morning, I didn't have a wood stove fire so we used the propane fireplace insert.

The start of a stretch of wet weather started earlier this morning and with the basement temp at 63, I started a pine fire.

Oh man, brought inside another face cord of cherry and hemlock yesterday. Looks like we are ~50F highs/lows in 30s until next weekend. Sadly too cold for the ole' heat pump.

Only us northerners still posting here! ==c

Oh man, brought inside another face cord of cherry and hemlock yesterday. Looks like we are ~50F highs/lows in 30s until next weekend. Sadly too cold for the ole' heat pump.

We still have some pine left but brought some ash in for this week, pretty much a nice soft rain all day.

I'll be making a fire after the overtime of the Boston vs Florida game.

We still have some pine left but brought some ash in for this week, pretty much a nice soft rain all day.

I'll be making a fire after the overtime of the Boston vs Florida game.
One thing that I will say is... the nice, soft, squint your eyes while walking through it, rain is appreciated over a downpour. Both by us, the garden, and the new grass seed!

One thing that I will say is... the nice, soft, squint your eyes while walking through it, rain is appreciated over a downpour. Both by us, the garden, and the new grass seed!
I planted 10 bareroot Norway Spruce a few weeks back but the only time I watered them was when I planted them, thank you mother nature.

I planted 10 bareroot Norway Spruce a few weeks back but the only time I watered them was when I planted them, thank you mother nature.
I grew up with a few dozen 100 year old Norway Spruce around the house. Now they're 150, ha. Not a fussy tree in the slightest. It's the closest us easterners can get to the timber out west.

Keeping the thread on topic :)...filling up with cherry tonight for a heat battery, then fire out until tomorrow night.

I grew up with a few dozen 100 year old Norway Spruce around the house. Now they're 150, ha. Not a fussy tree in the slightest. It's the closest us easterners can get to the timber out west.

Keeping the thread on topic :)...filling up with cherry tonight for a heat battery, then fire out until tomorrow night.
Ash going tonight for some heat.

Lots of eucalyptus today.

20230501_155401.jpg

cuz the weather still sucks up here.
38° in SE Wisconsin and rain all day again, repeat of yesterday. burning most of the morning before adding more hard oak/hickory 8 hours later...

i'm ready to end my burning season. now.

38° in SE Wisconsin and rain all day again, repeat of yesterday. burning most of the morning before adding more hard oak/hickory 8 hours later...

I'm a little farther north and east in SE WI than you. It's snowing here with a little buildup on the grass even 🤮.

Right there with ya. Granted, I like to burn but after 9 months I'm ready for a break.

Reactions: JamesGuido
Overnight it rained pretty hard, NOAA is reporting just over an inch of rain for our area so far.

We have three splits of pine with three splits of ash going in the liberty.

Same weather here...May 1st and still burnin'. Oak and Ash taking the chill out on this cold and wet day.

I’m only fooling myself if I believe this is all I’ll burn in the next few days…
But looking at the local forecast… it might do it.
Upper 50’s then sixties.
Don’t wanna drag in any more if I don’t hafta
justa nuff to beat the dampness in the air

IMG_5579.jpeg

I just threw 1 piece of ash and 4 box elder in to give me coals to load on later. This mornings load of 3 ash and 2 box elder was dying too much for all this wind, house was getting a little chilly...

It's 38.3 out tonight with the liberty receiving a load of pine and ash, the basement temp started out at 68 (72 when I left) with the temps up here 68 & 69.

It was 38.4 this morning with a load of pine and ash going in the heater.

I’ve actually missed having a fire this month. Getting my first cleaning with the new stove in a few weeks. Anxious to see how everything looks.