What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It was 41 out this morning with more rain, another load of pine and ash went in the wood stove for heat.

Burning hemlock here. But I think we’ll be done by this weekend. Nice weather on the horizon.

Reactions: thewoodlands
The wife doesn't want a fire so maybe tomorrow morning we'll have one while having coffee.

Huh? My wife never does not want a fire ... She doesn't get tired of it (as I do, a bit, at the end of the burning season)

Had a half load fire yesterday morning with 1 ash and 4 crap wood to take the chill out. Was 57 and sunny then down to 35 overnight. No fire overnight and the house is still 66 everywhere. Might be done for the season. 60's for highs and 40's for lows for the foreseeable future.

The temp was 41 again this morning, three splits of pine with three splits of ash went in the wood stove. Tomorrow starts the warmer weather, we still have some pine and ash left if we need it.

30 degrees here this morning so a big load of eucalypt is cruising nicely.

20230505_090752.jpg

It was 40 this morning, the liberty saw a load of ash this morning.

Reactions: Gearhead660
Sunny and warm finally, at least until next Thur. Then we will see

I think the wife had a second fire today when I was gone, it's still 72 up here with the outside temp at 49, no fire tonight.

Reactions: Diabel
We had 39.5 this morning, the house was still 66 to 68 so we went without a fire.

We had 38.7 this morning, the wife wanted a fire last night but since we had some pellets left in the hopper, we burned those ( about half a bag) the house was 68 & 69 this morning.

We had 28.7 this morning, we used some propane for heat. I'll have fire tonight with some ash firewood, we'll be in the mid 30's tomorrow morning.

Saranac Lake NY had a low of 24.

It's 39 out tonight heading south, the house temp was only 65 so we're having a fire tonight with some beech.

Reactions: mpaul
I'm going to confidently say that our 2022-23 burning is done.

I tip my hat to this thread until November. It is fun and interesting to see what the weather is doing around the world.

We had 33.1 this morning with some nice coals left from the beech (can't waste those) so I loaded up the wood stove with some ash.

My wife really wanted a fire tonight so I told her I would make one in our backyard Precast Outdoor fireplace 🔥great way to burn some of my punky stuff. Wife’s happy!

Nothing in the stove but cold ashes this morning, the coffee provided the warmth until the sun came out. The temp was 44 before our first cup.

We did have some thunder with rain that moved through quick after 10 a.m., it has been all sun since.

My stove has been cold for 8 days now. I think this is it for the season.

My stove has been cold for 8 days now. I think this is it for the season.
We might have some colder (29) nights coming in over in this area so I won't call it a year yet.