What is the largest insert I can purchase?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Year 2 on my Osburn 1800 insert. Fan wouldn’t come on automatically so assumed it was the thermodisk. Called SBI and they sent a new one. Installed and still nothing. Fan comes on with manual switch but would like it to be auto. Suggestions? Have allowed 1-2 hour burns to test auto and still nothing.

Year 2 on my Osburn 1800 insert. Fan wouldn’t come on automatically so assumed it was the thermodisk. Called SBI and they sent a new one. Installed and still nothing. Fan comes on with manual switch but would like it to be auto. Suggestions? Have allowed 1-2 hour burns to test auto and still nothing.

I hardwired mine for manual control, bypassing the snap disk. Snap disks were too finicky. I suppose you could try to move the snap disk slightly to contact a hotter part of the stove.

Hey guys, just as a followup I wound up getting the timberwolf EPI22, guys said he'd install with a 6" pre-insulated liner for $1400 so I'm walking ort of the whole project at 3k which isn't bad. The guy who's installing said he doesn't usually use the damper kit and just uses insulation, not sure if that's common or not...

Hey guys, just as a followup I wound up getting the timberwolf EPI22, guys said he'd install with a 6" pre-insulated liner for $1400 so I'm walking ort of the whole project at 3k which isn't bad. The guy who's installing said he doesn't usually use the damper kit and just uses insulation, not sure if that's common or not...
That's common and not to your benefit to skip if this is an exterior chimney. Ask him to break out a cost for this option.

Think you may have replied to the wrong thread gents. :)

Are you burning yet? Pics?