What's everyone doing for the 4th

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plow Boy

Feeling the Heat
Nov 14, 2012
Iron Station, NC
I dragged the family out for a 4th of July camping trip at the koa in black mountain. Good times and unfortunately a lot of rain so far.

Also I just wanted to say thanks to all who have served or is now serving. If it wasn't for them our independence would have been short lived

Thanks from one proud veteran to another. Hoahhh!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372945878389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372945878389.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 135
God Bless all that have served our country.....and Happy Independence Day to everyone! Let us not forget what our ancestors went through to break the ties of tyranny.......

We're doing burgers and dogs next door at my parent's place, with some homemade German potato salad (wifey makes the BEST tater salad on the PLANET!), keeping it simple. I was going to fire up the pit, but it's kinda looking like rain. We'll see what the weater looks like in a bit. Be safe with those fireworks out there, and have fun no matter WHAT mother nature throws at you!

Going over to Poor Doug's house for the burgers and dogs. Going to bring a fresh keilbasa and smoke it on the pit low and slow over some cherry and hickory.

There just might be a beer or two involved. LOL

KC

Be safe out there folks.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Apparently our group will be celebrating with fireworks, booze, and guns. What could go wrong?

Nothing could go wrong, nothing at all. Just ask any ER employee. That's why I'll be combining those same ingredients as soon as I shake off the remnants of last night's indescretions. Have fun, be safe, be free!

Reactions: ScotO
Yup. We live 20 miles from the SC border, so we have access to some heavy duty fireworks

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
So does my pyro brother. I have no idea how he has kept all his limbs this long. He's not rich by any stretch, but does put on one hell of a show every year.

Usually we go to a BBQ at my wife's cousins, but they are not doing it this year. Just having some family over for a cookout. It was going to be a cookout on the new patio but its not done yet :( Bricks Monday.......

Got some hot Italian sausage to grill, fresh corn, potato salad and a Sam Adams summer beers pack :cool:

patio.jpg

Working a few hours for the hospital so the reg. employee can have the day off. (all done on the computer, working from home) Then will grill a nice meal. Sit back and pet the dogs. crowds and fireworks are not my thing these days. I can watch a good coverage of those events on the TV. Hard to ajust to the fact that this year is half over. I'll work a few hours here and there to get up enough to buy some pellets for the winter. Lord willing, we get to do it all over again!

Reactions: Gark and ScotO
Chillin with the family. BBQ later, then mosey down the road to see the big show. Fireworks don't usually start here until after 10pm when it gets dark.

Watch your pets folks. Many dogs are super sensitive to the noise of fireworks. If so, get them in the quietest room of the house (basement?) and turn on a radio in the room to an all music station. Give them lots of comfort and reassuring.

Drinking Beer thats what I do;) and making a Beer can roast chicken:cool:
My son is home on leave from Korea a good time will be had by all:)

Cool Will I was in suwon from 02 to 04 where is your son stationed at. I was in 1-43 of 6th Cav. Tell him I said thanks for serving.

Staying home.
Too many goofy people on the road today.
Fireworks across the road from the high school, but I don't think we're going this year. I've seen it before.There will be gunplay and loud boomy things going boom later.
The dogs won't be happy.
I'll probably grill some burgers and make something else to go with. Not sure yet.
I pretty much don't drink nowadays.

Reactions: ScotO and save$
Cool Will I was in suwon from 02 to 04 where is your son stationed at. I was in 1-43 of 6th Cav. Tell him I said thanks for serving.
He's at camp Casey, he's a Cav Scout a gunner on a Bradley

Reactions: ScotO and Plow Boy
I rode in the 30 mile Vandalia freedom tour bike ride this morning. Heading down to Cincy soon for some grillin with my fiancés fam then back up to Dayton for dinner with my parents. Be safe everyone and god bless America!

He's at camp Casey, he's a Cav Scout a gunner on a Bradley

Cool. I saw those a lot in ft. Bliss (Bradleys). Cav. scout, that is a awesome mos. I bet your really proud.

A heartfelt thank you to all who have ever served, those serving now, and those who ever will.

I pulled weeds by the veggies, maul-split a few wheelbarrows of ash and replaced a customer hard drive. The wife cut some grass (bless her heart) and now it's time for a nap. Later, something on the grille.

I bet your really proud.
Yes we are ( me & wife) ,but scared at the same time knowing the danger he could & has been in ( an Afgahn vet) he enlisted before he graduated high school this was his dream it's a good thing he's wise beyond his years :)

I've got 50+ people enjoying my house and drinking all the beer it took me 3 months to make. It kinda morphed into "Mom's retiring so let's give her a party" 4th of July. Just about had enough so I'm hiding in the basement. After the food is served my wife usually gives me 1/2 hr to decompress before she flips the rock over and makes me come out.

Good for the cousins. All the kids are in the pool making a gawd awful racket.

Played golf with the FIL and two BILs this AM. Watching the kids swim right now. Grilling some ridiculous burgers for dinner. Have a few barley pops on the porch this evening...maybe a card game too.

People watching at the state park at the southern tip of Newport - then sailing, then probably going to one of the local fireworks displays. Here's the park today and sailing last night (today's sailing will be identical as winds and conditions are similar)..\

Happy 4th ALL. Some fun facts....

1. Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, two original signers, both died on July 4th, 1826.
2. The actual item of independence (legislation) was voted on and approved on July 2nd. The 4th thing was more of a Press Release for the public - which most historians say was not fully signed until August.
3. A local town here, Bristol RI, has a famous July 4th Parade which has been going on yearly since 1785!

july4.jpg

Chilling close to home ... did some yard/firewood stacking work before it got too humid. Hit Walmart & the supermarket, cleaned my stuff out of the truck, so the Dixette can use it until Saturday night. She said she'd fill it up for the use of it :p (38 gallon tank ;), go me !!!)

Housewarming / BBQ at their new place Saturday.

Moving on, things getting better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.