What's everyone doing for the 4th

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A quiet one here. Pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, watermelon and ice cream sundaes. My young son had inner ear surgery this week and is on restricted activities(no running, jumping, swimming, base jumping) for a month. He is doing well. Not too happy, but well.

-Dennis, raspberries are about a week out for me, just turning color now. I can't wait.

Its been a good day here. Kids got a couple hours of fun from the new $10 kiddie pool, my wife, SIL and MIL took them out for ice cream and I snuck out for an hour of helicopter flying down at the r/c field. Then all back to the house for grilled sausage and peppers, corn, slaw and potato salad. Now the kids are in bed so probably watch the fireworks on TV...

...My young son had inner ear surgery this week...

Wow, that's a non-trivial procedure. Hope the young guy has an uneventful and comfortable recovery, and all works like it should in the end. Rick

Wow, that's a non-trivial procedure. Hope the young guy has an uneventful and comfortable recovery, and all works like it should in the end. Rick

Thanks Rick, he took it like a little man.

Inner earbones removed. 6 month recovery and titanium repalacement in January. Prognosis looks like he will have most of his hearing restored in that ear at the end. There were some kids with worse medical conditions in the hospital, are thoughts went to them.

Stuck around the homestead. Burgers/dogs on the grille. Fire in the pit with a few brews. Living on the Lake we have fireworks displays all over. So will sit in the lawn chairs come dark with a few more brews.

Hope you all have a safe 4th, Enjoy the day with family and friends!

Rain rain and yes more rain. If the pond comes over the bank we are going to have a very exciting holiday!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372982761392.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372982761392.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 128
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372982788639.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372982788639.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 135
The river is a little high too!! WOW!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372983057100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372983057100.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 142
  • uploadfromtaptalk1372983092470.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372983092470.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 134
Eek!

After the grilling, there will be some campfire DRINKIN ::-) going on,
oh :confused: that time is here already ;lol

I always wondered what it would be like to own a houseboat. Looks like I might get to find out :eek:

Reactions: Dairyman
Hope you have a plan! That water can come up so fast.

then sailing..

When I first saw the youtube, I thought cat but noticed the rigging to the left:) I'm jealous - I miss sailing. Last time out was a couple of years ago on my sister's J on Keuka Lake, NY.:(

Yeah, my plan consists of fleeing from the water as quick as possible. :eek:

I'm hoping we don't have to leave. But we will see how it plays out.

I spent the day in my jammies, a true day off. We put together a new cage for our soon to be pet bird - next week - a Hahns Macaw. It was over 90 degrees here today so going outside to do anything was short. I made BBQ Chicken on the grill for my hubby and I with some corn on the cob and homemade coleslaw. The neighbors started "making noise" about 7 so I've spent the last several hours keeping my little Jack Russell calm, he gets so worked up over loud noises he shakes until he throws up. He's finally sleeping but my other JRT is still running around the house like a nut job.

Now, Hubby is making paper catridges for a Civil War Era black powder shoot Saturday (he casts his own lead heads) and I'm watching Family Guy.

A nice day, did a whole lot of nothing but the rest was well needed ;)

The river is still a little high this morning!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373031653271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373031653271.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: ScotO
The river is still a little high this morning!
HOLY CHIT! be careful crossing moving water...I know that doesn't look very deep there, but I've seen people trying to go across crazy deep flooded roads only to end up getting into a precarious situation......just ask my little Honda Accord I used to have.....it turned into a boat for a couple minutes a long time ago......back when I was young and dumb...

Reactions: Plow Boy
Apparently our group will be celebrating with fireworks, booze, and guns. What could go wrong?
Around these parts, we call that an ATF party.:cool:

Wore myself out cutting a pile of wood. Then fixed the classic 4th-O-July meal of Mexican style skirt steak with hot peppers and fresh cilantro. Don't forget to lightly toast the tortilla in a dry pan. (whut? That doesn't sound authentic?==c) Ended up with me and the dog on the front porch and a few cold ones.

Reactions: Plow Boy
Status
Not open for further replies.