2. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    LOL, I wouldn't know milli from vanilli. Ah, but ya gotta blame it on something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timfromohio

timfromohio
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 20, 2007
    No worries. "Blame it on the rain" was another one of their big hits.

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Never followed them, I'm just the boy in the tree. >> (yeah, I just looked them up)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    This is one for the Hop Heads. Although its not my preferred style i am determined to try everything Founders makes at least once. 86 IBUs. Anything close to 100 is pretty intense hop wise. Paired today with smoked chicken and hot sausage.
    d986fa80c9587a4f3f2854bc1a26cb56.jpg

6. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
    Not familiar with them either @begreen, but I assume you know Yes.

begreen and Ashful like this.
  7. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Now you're getting close to the edge.

8. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
    Personally I like Fragile more than Close to the Edge. Or this.

9. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Well, if this has become a “What’s your favorite YES” thread, I’ve always been a fan of Relayer. Sound Chaser is self indulgent musical masterbation at its best.

10. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Tonight ,the good stuff .Im not saving this for guests. For the guests im saving the IPAs .
    dsc_0364.jpg
    With Coconut Crab.

Jan Pijpelink likes this.
  11. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Family Friend donated some beer knowing i am always up for something new. This is a first for me with this brewer so i can chalk it up as one more beer tried. Imported from Canada. 5% ABV. Not too bad, kinda avg beer. It will come in handy to serve this to guests rather than finish the case myself as some of my friends wont drink anything strong or dark. th.jpg

12. HisTreeNut

HisTreeNut
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 3, 2014
    Loc:
    Burnsville, NC
    There's a brew I haven't seen in a while. This may not be true, but growing up in WNY, my older siblings would always make monthly beer runs to Canada. Apparently the APV of Canadian beer is different than what is imported to the USA.
    Molson's is a decent beer for most.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Jan Pijpelink and Seasoned Oak like this.
  13. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    It is a decent beer,but lately with a craft brewer behind every bush in every town in America creating some heavy competition for your average brand of beer. The national brands can no longer set on their butts thinking the beer will sell itself. These local boys are really flooding the market with so many offerings the average national brands will soon be left behind the competition. Too many to try to buy them all out. Although the really low price stuff is probably safe as most craft beer is not cheap.

HisTreeNut likes this.
  14. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Picked up a case of Kwak this week, another one of my favorites. Also grabbed a Big Beers variety pack from Weyerbacher, while I was there.

15. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Does it go well with cheese and kwakers?

16. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    This is one of the best setups iv ever see in a backyard. Its good to have friends like this. An 8 Tap setup with the beer in a walk in cooler behind it. The home brewery is in the back equipped to make 100 gal at a time. This will become secondary to a larger setup at a Bar and Grill just purchased and opening 1st. weekof Sept. in Shamokin. Just in time for my 62nd Birthday retirement party.
    36884099_2152981961383064_4908534431142117376_n.jpg

Jan Pijpelink and begreen like this.
  17. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    That's some serious homebrewing.
    Congrats and happy early birthday.

18. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    This picnic pavillion /brewhouse /taproom is about 200 Ft from his house ,good thing he has a dog patrolling 24/7. To keep thirsty burglers out. All 8 taps are usually in service.

19. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Nice to have a friend like that. Hope he's a good brewer too.

20. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    I helped make a batch of chocolate, peanut butter porter about 2 months ago. We split the batch to add the vanilla to half of it and that half soured. The first half turned out fine and tasted great. Mostly does porters,stouts and triples. An occasional IPA but not too often. He does festivals locally and won a few trophys in the last couple years for his beer.

21. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Sounds like a bad waste of good chocolate, peanut butter and beer. ;lol

Alpine1 and Jan Pijpelink like this.
  22. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    Chocolate is hard to get right .Of the national brands Sam Adams does it best. Surest way to make a bad beer is to water it down and call it "lite" .

23. Seasoned Oak

Seasoned Oak
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Eastern Central PA
    One of the guys made a "smoked wheat" that was interesting.

24. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I'm not fond of smoked beers or ales. We have a local brew where he uses smoked cherry chips in his porter. Seems to sell well, but I am not a fan.