Whitfield Pro 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello every one.
My Whitfield pro 30 would go into default after running for a few hrs. So I cleaned everything. I had the vent apart and cleaned the fans the exhaust flues Checked the door rope and found a week spot so I tightened the door latch and sealed it up.. I ordered a new one today. Checked the door switch and oiled it Checked the Pressure Switch hose, it was good and clear. The PS works as you can hear the click and it had continuity when closed. Checked the Photo eye removed the cap in the hopper and cleaned the lens and filter.... it would still go default. then When I started next ( No thermostat, Manuel start.) It went through two start cycles and then proof of flame and demand side. 10 min later it goes back to start cycle. This happen three times then it finally ran for 2 hrs and default again. I jumped the pressure switch and same thing. Jumped the High Limit same thing. Only by now it would stop after 10 minutes. Then later on I started it, ran it on high heat and it ran for about 4 hrs then default. I also ordered a new Pressure switch today just in cast. I have two other (Drollet ) Stoves EC 45,s one i have had for 9 years and have never been stumped like this. So Any ideas?

Just for giggles, did you bypass the photoeye? They're problematic once they're dirty and worth replacing with a snap switch.

Eric

Just for giggles, did you bypass the photoeye? They're problematic once they're dirty and worth replacing with a snap switch.

Eric
No I did not. I though that since it did give proof of flame it either worked or did not work. So if I bypass the eye will it go to constant proof of flame? Thanx for the reply Eric.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't happen to have a Part # for said Snap Switch. Im not familiar with them

So today I noticed that my fire brick is very delicate and has split above the pellet shaft and is sitting away from the fire wall. Could this have an effect on the high limit L250 switch that is mounted on the fire wall on the panel side.???

The fiber bricks are just decorative. Heres a link to the Proof of Fire switch. There should be a spot for it on your combustion blower. It mounts on the outside of the combustion blower housing and sticks through a little hole. You’d have to extend the yellow harness or make your own harness to hook it up but it is way better than the photo eye system.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GWAC9G/?tag=hearthamazon-20
If you want to jump the photo eye to determine if it’s failing you’ll have to either jump it after your fire is established or light the stove manually as the igniter won’t run once the photo eye is satisfied.

Thank you every one The photo eye was the culprit. I by passed it after the stove started and the stove has been running for 28 Hrs. I tried to buy the switch that the link Overfireinthehole provided but they dont ship to Canada. Im sure I can find another suppler here. This is a great Forum. It is refreshingly mature. I will be back.

Thank you every one The photo eye was the culprit. I by passed it after the stove started and the stove has been running for 28 Hrs. I tried to buy the switch that the link Overfireinthehole provided but they dont ship to Canada. Im sure I can find another suppler here. This is a great Forum. It is refreshingly mature. I will be back.
This place is more expensive but It’s the right one. http://pellethead.com/product/lenno...-ps40-bella-montage-winslow-part-32078-h5887/