whole tree stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
So, I was looking for something, and found this.

I think @BKVP needs to be quicker with his promised 200 cubic ft BK "Emperor" stove if this one takes off ;-)
(Yes, I do see it's from 2013, so maybe it has been noted on this forum before, but I could not find it.)

Interesting concept for a shop. The draft ensures no flames come out thru the gaps of the iris "door". Hard to use my canvas sling though to bring in some more wood...

And yes, hard to season wood like this, I presume.

“Honey I found the perfect stove. All we need is…. We’ll not not glass in that window anymore…. And uhhh. We’re gonna need to get rid of the sofa and sit on these logs…. Oh and my engine crane is now a piece of modern art next to the the tree sofa”.

Did I miss anything? ;)

We'll not need the chainsaw anymore, nor the splitting axe. (Hm, two more reasons not to go this route - I like splitting...)

Reactions: EbS-P
That is hilarious, i can't believe someone made this and that it works. I guess it's really a giant rocket stove. Move over honey forklift comin thru.

well, yep. That's the same.

The search function on this website does not capture all. I've often searched, knowing something exists on here, but unable to find it.

well, yep. That's the same.

The search function on this website does not capture all. I've often searched, knowing something exists on here, but unable to find it.
Yeah, I recall seeing this stove 2 or 3 years ago. 2 main problems, as I see it, like how you season a log??? and what about overnight burns? It would require an automatic feeder that would feed the log into the mouth of the stove at a constant rate, perhaps a variable speed feeder so you can set it to the rate you need. But you'd still be trying to burn wet wood... and that my friends is just asking for trouble!

Reactions: stoveliker
I agree; it's a funny designer thing imo, where no engineers with knowledge of the basics have looked at.

There was an even older thread on that stove, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Ah well, if it gave a chuckle to some, the repeat is worth it.

Found it.

Found it.

So, not lazy. But bored, I guess?

And people think pellet stove hopper fires are crazy....