Will this be the Dark Winter that our President referred to?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of like cancer?
Not really at all cancer isn't transmissible. And cancer deaths are usually close to double the 2020 covid deaths. So no they are not alike at all

Also cancer is treated like a disease not a political agenda.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Also cancer is treated like a disease not a political agenda.
I’m so glad they have pumped as much effort into it as Covid.
My wife is a 2 timer survivor. Don’t ask her opinion on the subject.

I’m so glad they have pumped as much effort into it as Covid.
My wife is a 2 timer survivor. Don’t ask her opinion on the subject.
You don't think more effort and money has gone into cancer research than covid????

There are a boatload of overweight people in this country today. Wife and I went to the local fair this summer (so happens the outfit that puts on the rodeo buys all their hay from me so I happen to be a sponsor (and get free tickets). Anyway, I was amazed at the sheer number number of overweight people, especially the younger ones. Nothing more disgusting that seeing a young gal wearing a tank top and shorts with her belly hanging over the top of her shorts.

I wonder if they realize just how bad they look, but then again, maybe they don't care...

Lots of tats too. Guess younger people don't realize that when they age, those tats get ugly.

Lots of over weight folks running around today.
Yes, and that was just the obese folks, that you can see.
What about all the diabetes?
Why is America not tops in health????
We spend the most on heathcare!

...and we spend the most of fast food and junk food too. Very few Americans eat a proper diet today. As a rule, my wife and I never eat salt and grease laden fast food.

You don't think more effort and money has gone into cancer research than covid????
First off, everyone has cancer cells in their bodies, I mean everyone, What science cannot determine is what sets them off. Once that happens, cancer will become a non disease, just like Polio or Leprosy.

Don't have a clue how much is spent on cancer research versus Covid but I'd sure like to know. I do know that treating patients for Covid is a huge drain on medical staff and hospitals.

Reactions: bholler
First off, everyone has cancer cells in their bodies, I mean everyone, What science cannot determine is what sets them off. Once that happens, cancer will become a non disease, just like Polio or Leprosy.

Don't have a clue how much is spent on cancer research versus Covid but I'd sure like to know. I do know that treating patients for Covid is a huge drain on medical staff and hospitals.
I am pretty sure in 2020 and 2021 more was spent on covid. But that spending is already tapering off allot. And will continue to cancer research has been going on for decades and probably will quite a bit longer. It is just much more complicated. And is a group of diseases not just one. Comparing research on something like that to research on how to control the spread of a virus is silly they are completely different.

Yes, and that was just the obese folks, that you can see.
What about all the diabetes?
Why is America not tops in health????
Spending on healthcare is a completely different animal. Yes we have some of the best healthcare in the world but the financial side of it is a complete mess.

Spending on healthcare is a completely different animal. Yes we have some of the best healthcare in the world but the financial side of it is a complete mess.
Hang on here...
If we had the best heathcare in the world, wouldn't we have the best longevity???
No, because its all about the money....
Just like Fauci will not tell you have you can boost your body to help fight viruses.

Hang on here...
If we had the best heathcare in the world, wouldn't we have the best longevity???
No, because its all about the money....
Just like Fauci will not tell you have you can boost your body to help fight viruses.
Of course you can boost your immune system to fight viruses. Everyone knows that and if you bothered to read the info put out it clearly says living a healthy lifestyle reduces your risk of serious problems from COVID. But taking some vitamin c isn't going to stop it.

America doesn't have the best longevity because many Americans don't live healthy lifestyles. No matter how good the healthcare system is it can't overcome that. But the quality of healthcare we have access to here if you can afford it is without question some of the best in the world

Last edited:
And yes it is all about the money. We are largely a capitalist society and our healthcare system insurance etc etc is run by capitalists. So by default it will be all about the money.

But with all it's problems with out that system my daughter would most likely be in heart failure or dead by now. Her heart condition was caught and fixed which would not have happened in many other countries.

And again thanks to everyone here who gave support and or money to help us through that last year. You people are amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipro and bholler
I know a lot more people severely impacted by cancer than Covid. People have lost everything to paying for a glimmer of hope to survive cancer. Nobody fought harder than my father but my wife proved she’s pretty tough.
I know people who contacted Covid and are continuing on in life.

I’m not trusting anything coming from these people. They made it political, not me. They have pushed the false narrative, not me. They shut down the country, not me.
We don’t even have a straight story 2 years later on where it came from.

Fauchi is a fraud and a hack. He wouldn’t know the truth if it kicked him in the teeth.

I know a lot more people severely impacted by cancer than Covid. People have lost everything to paying for a glimmer of hope to survive cancer. Nobody fought harder than my father but my wife proved she’s pretty tough.
I know people who contacted Covid and are continuing on in life.

I’m not trusting anything coming from these people. They made it political, not me. They have pushed the false narrative, not me. They shut down the country, not me.
We don’t even have a straight story 2 years later on where it came from.

Fauchi is a fraud and a hack. He wouldn’t know the truth if it kicked him in the teeth.
What false narrative?

Yes everyone knows people who have been severely effected by cancer. And yes that is horrible. But it doesn't change the fact that we are dealing with a global pandemic. Yes we spent allot and put allot of effort into controlling the spread to save as many people as possible. But we have been putting lots of money and effort into cancer research for a long time. I really don't see what one has to do with the other.

I also don't understand the obsession with where it came from. It is a new form of a virus that has been around for a long time that happens naturally all the time.

I am intrigued by the fact that Dr fauci has been a trusted advisor to every president since Reagan. And is generally highly respected in the medical and scientific community. But now he is supposedly an idiot a liar a their etc etc. What changed????

Why is it a large portion of the American population no longer trusts scientific data that is widely agreed upon across the globe?

I agree with that 100%. I don't see how anyone with marginal healthcare can withstand the cost of something major. My last go around was almost a million bucks billed. Crazy stuff. Just had Cyber Knife at 16 grand a session for 6 sessions. Each session was 15 minutes. Wish I could charge those rates.

I'm fortunate in the fact that I have a 'Cadillac' healthcare plan. Lots of people don't and a big hit can bankrupt a person.

Fauchi is a fraud and a hack. He wouldn’t know the truth if it kicked him in the teeth
One thing we all know and that is, he cannot pitch a baseball for beans. The problem with Fauci is he likes playing political theater. Medical people need to keep politics and medicine separate. They don't mix well.

Unlike cancer, Covid has turned into a political football. In my view that is bad Ju Ju.

I am intrigued by the fact that Dr fauci has been a trusted advisor to every president since Reagan. And is generally highly respected in the medical and scientific community. But now he is supposedly an idiot a liar a their etc etc. What changed????

Why is it a large portion of the American population no longer trusts scientific data that is widely agreed upon across the globe?
If you wouldn't be so blinded by politics, you could see why. Anybody that flip-flops like fauci did, cannot be trusted.

Reactions: Bad LP
If you wouldn't be so blinded by politics, you could see why. Anybody that flip-flops like fauci did, cannot be trusted.
Again this isn't a political issue no matter how much you try to make it one. It is an issue of science. If you actually bothered to read all of the data and studies instead of the few that back your views you might learn something

Now can you kindly tell us what he flip flopped on that wasn't backed by science???

That is ok. I have neuropathy nerve damage in my right foot and I'm doing a good stand in for Chester from Gunsmoke right now. Waiting for the Gabapentin to kick in. Will be nice to walk normally and keep my balance and actually get a full night's sleep for a change. Have to sleep in the recliner. Sleeping in bed is impossible. Getting in bed is impossible anyway. least my wife is somewhat happy as I don't 'steal' all the covers now...lol

Gonna be an interesting year keeping the stove full. Not sure I can hoist a full 5 gallon bucket of corn-pellet mix and dump it into the hopper. Might have to relegate that chore to my loving wife.

That is ok. I have neuropathy nerve damage in my right foot and I'm doing a good stand in for Chester from Gunsmoke right now. Waiting for the Gabapentin to kick in. Will be nice to walk normally and keep my balance and actually get a full night's sleep for a change. Have to sleep in the recliner. Sleeping in bed is impossible. Getting in bed is impossible anyway. least my wife is somewhat happy as I don't 'steal' all the covers now...lol

Gonna be an interesting year keeping the stove full. Not sure I can hoist a full 5 gallon bucket of corn-pellet mix and dump it into the hopper. Might have to relegate that chore to my loving wife.
It must be rough I am sure as a farmer you are used to being very self reliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.