Will this be the Dark Winter that our President referred to?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again this isn't a political issue no matter how much you try to make it one. It is an issue of science. If you actually bothered to read all of the data and studies instead of the few that back your views you might learn something

Now can you kindly tell us what he flip flopped on that wasn't backed by science???
He said, in the midst of a pandemic, wearing a mask will just give you a false sense of security.
What was it, less than 24 hours later, he flipped and said we all have to wear masks now.

That is ok. I have neuropathy nerve damage in my right foot and I'm doing a good stand in for Chester from Gunsmoke right now. Waiting for the Gabapentin to kick in. Will be nice to walk normally and keep my balance and actually get a full night's sleep for a change. Have to sleep in the recliner. Sleeping in bed is impossible. Getting in bed is impossible anyway. least my wife is somewhat happy as I don't 'steal' all the covers now...lol

Gonna be an interesting year keeping the stove full. Not sure I can hoist a full 5 gallon bucket of corn-pellet mix and dump it into the hopper. Might have to relegate that chore to my loving wife.
Does it still pay to burn corn? Seems like the price has gone up, more than other heating sources. Or do you burn the high myco stuff?

He said, in the midst of a pandemic, wearing a mask will just give you a false sense of security.
What was it, less than 24 hours later, he flipped and said we all have to wear masks now.
That isn't a flip. Wearing a mask can give you a false sense of security. They are much more effective at protecting others from you than they are at protecting you. This is a very basic scientific fact that you should be able to grasp.

That is exactly why he said everyone should wear masks.

This is just like your claim that he never said anything about things to boost your immune system. You are only relying on sources that support your views. They are telling you what you want to hear and because of that you don't bother to check if it is true.

Again this isn't a political issue no matter how much you try to make it one. It is an issue of science. If you actually bothered to read all of the data and studies instead of the few that back your views you might learn something

Now can you kindly tell us what he flip flopped on that wasn't backed by science???
2 weeks to flatten the curve is a start.
Sending money to a China lab.
Leaked emails.
Why did he send a crying tear letter to Hillary?
He and the politically connected brought politics into the so called science.

It’s obvious that we are at opposite ends of the issue as well as politics. We will never see eye to eye on this.

2 weeks to flatten the curve is a start.
Sending money to a China lab.
Leaked emails.
Why did he send a crying tear letter to Hillary?
He and the politically connected brought politics into the so called science.

It’s obvious that we are at opposite ends of the issue as well as politics. We will never see eye to eye on this.
How exactly did fauci bring politics into it????

And yes clearly the 2 week thing was wrong as was many other things said by many different people in the beginning. We had no idea what to expect no one did.

Exactly what money was given to what Chinese lab when and on who's authorization?

The guy is the biggest flip flopper I've ever seen...makes career politicians look like amateurs!
The guy is a proven liar, and should not only be fired, but in prison! NO idea why he is still in his position...should have been canned long ago...and freakin retire already!

The guy is the biggest flip flopper I've ever seen...makes career politicians look like amateurs!
The guy is a proven liar, and should not only be fired, but in prison! NO idea why he is still in his position...should have been canned long ago...and freakin retire already!
in prison for what?

Everything covid related has unfortunately been politicized including fauci. That doesn't mean that everything fauci says is automatically 100% false.
Exactly, It all distills down to what you want to hear and what you want believe as fact verses fiction.

Myself, I prefer to err on the side of what I need to do to mitigate Covid any way I can and so far my regimen has worked just fine.

Gotta go get my flu shot this week as well.

We were taught in Engineering school and in the workplace to make data driven decisions. This prevents emotion and non relevent thinking from interfering with the solution.

My conclusion based on reviewing real world data is that vaccines reduce the risk of hospitalization and death due to Covid19 and the vaccines are safe. The odds of having serious problems with Covid are astronomically higher than having a problem with the vaccine itself.

On an emotional note, I find it frustrating to watch interviews of the unvaccinated pleading on their Covid deathbeds and the death beds of their family members to get the shot, yet there are still so many who chose not to get vaccinated.

Here is one of many examples -> https://my.clevelandclinic.org/pati...pitalized-with-covid-19-wishes-he-got-vaccine. There are many examples of dying patients pleading to get the vaccine but it's too late.

It's frustrating as a parent of a Nursing student who works in hospitals knowing her risk of being exposed is higher due to misinformation spread by some of the unvaccinated.

We were taught in Engineering school and in the workplace to make data driven decisions. This prevents emotion and non relevent thinking from interfering with the solution.

My conclusion based on reviewing real world data is that vaccines reduce the risk of hospitalization and death due to Covid19 and the vaccines are safe. The odds of having serious problems with Covid are astronomically higher than having a problem with the vaccine itself.

On an emotional note, I find it frustrating to watch interviews of the unvaccinated pleading on their Covid deathbeds and the death beds of their family members to get the shot, yet there are still so many who chose not to get vaccinated.

Here is one of many examples -> https://my.clevelandclinic.org/pati...pitalized-with-covid-19-wishes-he-got-vaccine. There are many examples of dying patients pleading to get the vaccine but it's too late.

It's frustrating as a parent of a Nursing student who works in hospitals knowing her risk of being exposed is higher due to misinformation spread by some of the unvaccinated.
Well said. I have quite a few friends in healthcare. 2 who are actually working in ICUs that are dealing with covid patients every day. All it takes is actually talking to people like them who have no motivation to lie to know the truth

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Let me just add, without going into detail, because I prefer not to... I have seen close up and personal people who are refusing to receive the vaccine and contracting Covid in the hospital and take my word for it, it's a terrible, gut wrenching sight to see it. I have the utmost respect for the medical personnel who take care of them and a lot of them won't make it either.

So much easier to get vaccinated and even if you do contract it and are vaccinated (there is no 100% odds of not getting it), your chances are greatly improved that it won't be a life threatening ordeal. In fact, from what I've been told by medical people is, if you do contract it and are vaccinated, it's tantamount to a bad cold or the flu.

In my view that is a helluva lot better alternative than expiring or dealing with down the road issues because of the damage it does to your lungs long term.

Been there and seen it close up and you don't want to get it and be unvaccinated. Take my word for it.

Everything covid related has unfortunately been politicized including fauci. That doesn't mean that everything fauci says is automatically 100% false.
And it sure as hell doesn't make it correct either.
Just how much manure does someone need to spread before they lose their credibility? The guy has been wrong more times than not but I'm not keeping score.

How exactly did fauci bring politics into it???? He was the man on the stage with our leaders both past and present

And yes clearly the 2 week thing was wrong as was many other things said by many different people in the beginning. We had no idea what to expect no one did. Better to remain silent then and explain they were still studying it.

Exactly what money was given to what Chinese lab when and on who's authorization? An email was out showing that the center of disease control or whatever they called it who he was directly involved in sent the lab 150 million. (IIRC) Number may be wrong but it was a bunch of $$$
See my responses. There are more news outlets than the typical networks where this stuff is well covered that our MSM ignores. It's not all tin foil.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
And it sure as hell doesn't make it correct either.
Just how much manure does someone need to spread before they lose their credibility? The guy has been wrong more times than not but I'm not keeping score.
Everyone was wrong in the beginning because no one had any idea how bad things would get. Can you give us an example of someone who got it right the whole time?

See my responses. There are more news outlets than the typical networks where this stuff is well covered that our MSM ignores. It's not all tin foil.
I don't pay any attention at all to the MSM. Your responses have not provided any data or sources at all just wild claims. I am going by official CDC etc data. Where are you getting your info?

No its not all tin foil...Disagreements come in because the people have just been busy doing other things and have not kept up on "many news stations and radio channels as well with the whole array of many many very different opinions and the history of it.. Fauci should be in jail and the vaccine is not what people say it is and until these busy people have more research in this vain of thinking it is just a waste of time here...In time they will understand but these people just fully believe in what they are told by the authorities and to them "it is all apple pie" and the American way"...They are in their bubble and that's their life busy with other important things in their life.. So be it and maybe someday they might have more time and really want to get into the "whole hearted research" about the situation and what it could mean in the future.. Just my opinion...old mrs clancey

Let me just add, without going into detail, because I prefer not to... I have seen close up and personal people who are refusing to receive the vaccine and contracting Covid in the hospital and take my word for it, it's a terrible, gut wrenching sight to see it. I have the utmost respect for the medical personnel who take care of them and a lot of them won't make it either.

So much easier to get vaccinated and even if you do contract it and are vaccinated (there is no 100% odds of not getting it), your chances are greatly improved that it won't be a life threatening ordeal. In fact, from what I've been told by medical people is, if you do contract it and are vaccinated, it's tantamount to a bad cold or the flu.

In my view that is a helluva lot better alternative than expiring or dealing with down the road issues because of the damage it does to your lungs long term.

Been there and seen it close up and you don't want to get it and be unvaccinated. Take my word for it.
I did get it, as did many of my friends.
No, i am not hoping i get it again, but i am not doing a single thing to prevent from getting it again.
Other than (as before) eating healthy, and getting adequate sleep.

These are our numbers as of today, It's been a hardline approach here in this province. Anyone think it's working? Or are we just getting luckier than other places? The population of our city when the colleges and universities are open swells to aprox. 750,000. The students are back and many are foreign students at U.W.O.

It seems to me there are some that choose to follow logic and science, there are others who follow who knows what.
The ones in the latter camp are overcrowding hospitals and causing this pandemic to linger so this impacts everyone.
The longer this pandemic goes on due to the unvaccinated (especially in parts of the world where it's hard to get the shot) the greater the chance of variations and the longer it goes on. This is simple grade school science and plain old common sense.

The truth is that the actions of the misinformed are adversely impacting everyone.

Last edited:
It seems to me there are some that choose to follow logic and science, there are others who follow who knows what.
The ones in the latter camp are overcrowding hospitals and causing this pandemic to linger so this impacts everyone.
The longer this pandemic goes on due to the unvaccinated (especially in parts of the world where it's hard to get the shot) the greater the chance of variations and the longer it goes on. This is simple grade school science and plain old common sense.

The truth is that the actions of the misinformed are adversely impacting everyone.
"The truth is that the actions of the misinformed are adversely impacting everyone."

Very true. The misinformed are trying to force everyone to buy into their idiotolygy.
Scared to death of covid, masks, forced vaccinations....

It's called their own beliefs and religion. Something that's suppose to be protected in america but that's a joke. We spend so much time ragging about China and it's coercive tactics and here in this very country we have half a population practicing the same chit with propaganda and ostracizing you if you don't follow suit with their beliefs. Science has done a lot of great things and has helped civilization immensely. That doesn't mean you have to completely live by it. The long term effects of the vaccine aren't known. Needless to say....I ain't vaccinated.

I keep hearing people say fauci should be in jail over and over again. Yet not one single person can tell me what law he has broken.

I keep hearing about the long term side effects of the vaccine. But no one can tell me what those effects are. Or why we should expect to see them from these vaccines when we havnt from other vaccines of the same type that have been in use for decades.

I keep.hearing people tell me to do more research and I will learn the truth that it's all a hoax. But no one can provide any evidence to support that.

I keep hearing it's all fabricated by American politicians. Yet no one can explain how those American politicians got the rest of the world to go along with their plan.

Reactions: festerw and semipro
I've tried to understand some of the concerns people had with the vaccine and the answers I get go something like this:

"My buddy said my other medications won't work anymore after I get the vaccine"
"I hear a microchip gets injected into you and the government can track you"
"They don't know what are the long term effects of the vaccine"

I never hear any specific references or sources from these people to back up their statements, just vague responses that they "heard" it was true. When I reference CDC, local Covid hospitalizations, and other data which supports the vaccine is safe and effective, they refute it as all lies and propaganda.

There is just no reasoning with them. I've really tried to understand it but it just seems like they have a general mistrust of government and of scientific authorities who have some kind of hidden evil agenda.

Cynicism towards our government can be a good thing, but it can become dangerous when it causes people to blindly mistrust government regardless of the supportive independent data.

Last edited:
Aside from the politics we are all exposed to day in and day out, I truly think times are getting rougher, the days of the haves vs the have nots are starting to rear there ugly faces and the false promises of what American lifestyle at starting to surface.
I would comfortably say without a doubt that 99% of us on this forum are feeling a squeeze more so now then these last 10yrs, inflation or lets say the dollars dropped value has caused many families that were treading water with just there heads out to breath to now re-evaluate there finances and make concessions and its not because the price of fuel went up or a bad regime in politics, we all simply road the wave, many of us did not save, we just spent and spent and now the wave is flattening and people are starting to realize that they were living well beyond there means or paycheck, it just so happens that we're coming out of a serious pandemic that took the lives of both healthy and people with underlaying health conditions, unfortunately due to the pandemic many people that fell into the catagory of non-essential employment lost there jobs or were forced to take lay offs, many folks found new avenues of employment, something that providing stability and moved away from restaurants or other service / entertainment jobs, now the pinch is to find help, but due to inflation costs, even $15.00 an hour on a job that 2 years ago paid $8.75 an hour doesn't cover simple expenses, we hear the loudest from this industry and we experience the issues first hand when we go out for something as simple as a hot cup of coffee.
The best we all can do is get back to basics where you can, do you really need that 6 passenger suv when its just you, the wife and a child? Do you really need the 3500sq ft suburban house on the acre of land with the pristine grass and the 12k a year property tax? Or the 8 burner commercial gas range and 6 flat screen tv's throughout the house? (BTW these are the things that I want, so its easy for me to pick on myself here) We all know the answer here, of course we want it, but we dont need it, we really need to re-adjust our eyes and look deep within to see and make changes from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.