Will this be the Dark Winter that our President referred to?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid has become a religion, no amount of data, fact, lies, or personal experiences will change a persons mind.

And just like religions have been for thousands of years, some will be led to salvation, and many others will be led to their graves....
Atleast here in the states it isn't just covid. That has been happening before covid was here.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
Atleast here in the states it isn't just covid. That has been happening before covid was here.

That disease has spread north of the 49th as well. I don't want to call it fundamentalism, because that's not exactly what it is, but in some ways that's exactly what it is.

Reactions: bholler
The comparison of a virulent virus to cancer is irrelevant. One is a clever and adapting virus and the other is a host of diseases. They are totally different fields of medicine. Might as well compare to heart disease or alzheimers. The only link is that there is some hope for the knowledge learned about mnra vaccines may be applied toward some cancers.

The govt helps pay for all kinds of research that you benifit from why is this different?
General distrust of the government is the chief reason like I said earlier. Also....these drug companies all lobby and give campaign funds to our politicians for favorable legislation which isn't new. Politicians have stock in these companies.....which isn't illegal I don't believe....but sure creates a conflict of interest to me. Just rubs me wrong.

And it's not like I just have a bone to pick with the covid vaccine. I haven't had a flu shot for probably 20 years when I was a child and didn't have a choice.

That being said I never thought you were trying to force anyone to get the shot. I can certainly understand why you did get it and am happy that your daughter is doing well. My wife is a rn....who voluntarily got the vaccine....and believe you me buddy.....she's asked me all these questions before.

Well the whistle blowers are coming out of the woodwork.
It appears Phiser (sp?) is using aborted kidney cells in their vac. CheckWRKO’s Jeff Kuhner in Boston on I Heart Radio this mornings show.

That's just it really. No one can tell you what the long term effects are...simply saying it is safe and effective isn't a good enough answer. Some folks have put their full faith in the government with their health. Some want physical proof. Not bad......just a different view.

That is the biggest reason honestly.
There is a mountain of independent data that supports the vaccine is safe and effective and this data was not collected by any government agency. The problem is there are too many which chose to ignore this and instead turn to the dark internet to get their information.

What more evidence is needed than to see hospitals turning away dying non-covid patients because their rooms are filled with dying unvaccinated ? The data highly supports that in areas of the country with higher vaccination rates this problem does not exist.

Too many are blinded by a complete mistrust of anything that has to do with the government, regardless of what the real world data says.

Last edited:
Well the whistle blowers are coming out of the woodwork.
It appears Phiser (sp?) is using aborted kidney cells in their vac. CheckWRKO’s Jeff Kuhner in Boston on I Heart Radio this mornings show.
Just as fetal cells are used for many many other vaccines and medications. This isn't some new revelation

Just as fetal cells are used for many many other vaccines and medications. This isn't some new revelation
The show was saying this was the reason that religious exemptions are not being accepted. Are the current vaccines you mention using aborted fetus cells? That's a real question and I'm not going into the choice arena.

The show was saying this was the reason that religious exemptions are not being accepted. Are the current vaccines you mention using aborted fetus cells? That's a real question and I'm not going into the choice arena.

Aborted fetal cells were used in the development of the J&J vaccine. They were not used in phizer or moderna.

"They use the same mechanisms to deliver a weakened version of the disease to your body so it will develop immunity"
But if by body gets immunity by being exposed to FULL strength virus, that doesn't count!!!
Studies show the vaccines are far better at protecting from infection compared with natural immunitiy.
Find one reputable study that says otherwise.

Aborted fetal cells were used in the development of the J&J vaccine. They were not used in phizer or moderna.
Yes it depends on the type of vaccine. I knew atleast one did not. But hadn't checked

That is an interesting article - thanks for sharing. Like the flu shot, I'd rather get the vaccine than the virus but the study is interesting.

That is an interesting article - thanks for sharing. Like the flu shot, I'd rather get the vaccine than the virus but the study is interesting.
Same here. Why would anyone desire to get Covid and then survive it for 'Natural Immunity'. Not me.

Reactions: tlc1976
There is a mountain of independent data that supports the vaccine is safe and effective and this data was not collected by any government agency. The problem is there are too many which chose to ignore this and instead turn to the dark internet to get their information.

What more evidence is needed than to see hospitals turning away dying non-covid patients because their rooms are filled with dying unvaccinated ? The data highly supports that in areas of the country with higher vaccination rates this problem does not exist.

Too many are blinded by a complete mistrust of anything that has to do with the government, regardless of what the real world data says.

That Cleveland clinic pretty much confirms my beliefs. I don't need data for my beliefs anyways. No i don't get on the dark web but nice generalization.

Back on my original subject... When I referred to a 'dark winter' I was referring to the lack of things like food and motor fuel. Food seems to be getting more scarce at the local supermarket. Necessities like TP, paper towels and fresh meat (especially) are getting hard to come by and the prices for what is there is skyrocketing. Fuel (at least here) is way over 3 bucks a gallon now (last time I checked, the local filling station was at $3.20 for regular and diesel (in road) was at $3.39, quite a jump from just a year ago.

When the cost of necessities climb, spendable income drops and those with marginal incomes suffer.

We aren't in that boat but I'm not gonna pay 51 bucks for 2 T-Bone steaks either.

Back on my original subject... When I referred to a 'dark winter' I was referring to the lack of things like food and motor fuel. Food seems to be getting more scarce at the local supermarket. Necessities like TP, paper towels and fresh meat (especially) are getting hard to come by and the prices for what is there is skyrocketing. Fuel (at least here) is way over 3 bucks a gallon now (last time I checked, the local filling station was at $3.20 for regular and diesel (in road) was at $3.39, quite a jump from just a year ago.

When the cost of necessities climb, spendable income drops and those with marginal incomes suffer.

We aren't in that boat but I'm not gonna pay 51 bucks for 2 T-Bone steaks either.
Yeah we are fine as well but our profits are certainly down. Mainly because we didn't raise our prices as much as we should have to compensate for increased costs.

That Cleveland clinic pretty much confirms my beliefs. I don't need data for my beliefs anyways. No i don't get on the dark web but nice generalization.
That pretty much says it all. If not based upon data what are your beliefs based upon?

Yeah we are fine as well but our profits are certainly down. Mainly because we didn't raise our prices as much as we should have to compensate for increased costs.
raised my per bale price on hay quite a bit (22 to 30 a round) and my customer has no issue with that but I'm not sure if that is even enough considering how the inputs are doing. 46 granulated urea (that is what I fertilize between cuts with has went up 50% already and like I said, I think, fuel is climbing every day. Now I run tax free off road diesel which is about 50 cents a gallon less the on road because they remove all the taxes, but as on road climbs, so does off road. There is no difference between on road and off road, it's all ULSD except the off road has red dye in it.

Having issues with my motorcycle parts I machine and fabricate in my shop too. I'm going to have to raise the prices substantially to stay afloat. Just had one customer chew me out about that like I can hold my prices at the level I was at a year ago. Told him to go somewhere else if he didn't like it. Problem is, I happen to be the only entity that produces the parts he wants.

I cannot change what is happening, wish I could. Wish I knew the answer to this, I don't.

It's a viscous circle, inflation is and every one (consumers) get to pay to play.

Don't know what the end game is with it, but I don't like what is happening and I especially don't like how the current administration is ignoring it. I don't get it at all. I do get that fact that my money isn't going nearly as far as it did just a year ago,

Reactions: clancey and bholler
raised my per bale price on hay quite a bit (22 to 30 a round) and my customer has no issue with that but I'm not sure if that is even enough considering how the inputs are doing. 46 granulated urea (that is what I fertilize between cuts with has went up 50% already and like I said, I think, fuel is climbing every day. Now I run tax free off road diesel which is about 50 cents a gallon less the on road because they remove all the taxes, but as on road climbs, so does off road. There is no difference between on road and off road, it's all ULSD except the off road has red dye in it.

Having issues with my motorcycle parts I machine and fabricate in my shop too. I'm going to have to raise the prices substantially to stay afloat. Just had one customer chew me out about that like I can hold my prices at the level I was at a year ago. Told him to go somewhere else if he didn't like it. Problem is, I happen to be the only entity that produces the parts he wants.

I cannot change what is happening, wish I could. Wish I knew the answer to this, I don't.

It's a viscous circle, inflation is and every one (consumers) get to pay to play.

Don't know what the end game is with it, but I don't like what is happening and I especially don't like how the current administration is ignoring it. I don't get it at all. I do get that fact that my money isn't going nearly as far as it did just a year ago,
Lucky it’s only a matter of raising prices. For us it’s a matter of being able to find things we have always used and our equipment is designed around. One of the latest things is 10 gallon air tanks with large enough ports. Seems to be one thing after another anymore.

Not looking good and the supply chain economics appear ( to me at least) to be staying broken. I have an issue with the Ever Given in the Suez canal causing all this. I believe all that was, was an excuse.

Same here. Why would anyone desire to get Covid and then survive it for 'Natural Immunity'. Not me.
Yes natural immunity is great and probably better. But it’s a much higher risk because it’s a crapshoot as to how this virus is going to affect you. Many are willing to take that gamble. Not me, especially with the clotting problems I already have.

Reactions: bholler
Status
Not open for further replies.