Winter Storm Warning in April (Spring in theory)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Yup 8 to 10" possible in my yard Thursday night into Friday. It hopefully will be gone quick.

• Wow
Reactions: ispinwool
Joy...:mad:.

May 8th or 10th back in '88 or '89 SE WI got 8" of wet, heavy snow. Power outages & schools closed. I lived 4 houses down from school, so the VP called me up and said I should come in and serve a bunch of my piled up detentions.;)::P

Served half the day but got credit for the full day.

Yup 8 to 10" possible in my yard Thursday night into Friday. It hopefully will be gone quick.

It was -3 here Monday morning, hasn't been above freezing since, snowing and blowing still. It's not out of line, but it's a change from the crazy warm weather of a week ago.

And, it's headed your way!

Enjoy!

• Wow
Reactions: ispinwool
I think we are going to be safe from the storm here in Downeast, but we have gotten April snow for the last two years.

It's New England . . . anything and everything can happen. Shouldn't stay long though if it does hit.

Reactions: Bad LP
It's New England . . . anything and everything can happen. Shouldn't stay long though if it does hit.
It's funny. Ice out on Moosehead should be any day now.
Welcome mud season #2

We had a spring tease but now it’s temps in the 30s and light snow forecast into at least the next 7 days. I’m burning at night again.

Historically the last bout of snow usually hits on or around Mother’s Day. I’ve driven through a few inches of slushy snow to see my mom that day many times.

We are going to have snow and rain except on Sunday then snow and rain again...Its snowing right now big wet snow and its sticking on the sidewalks here....Terrible--I want warm weather to stay so that I can get my new wood heater installed.. b------- here yes...clancey

Snow in April.
Family lives in Choteau Mt., just south of Glacier. They have, uhm, challenging weather.
Just got done with the book "little ice age". Nice perspective. Frost all year, then mild, rain all year, none the next, more snow, none the next.
Maybe places like Marquette MI would be used to a ton of snow, but down here it would really hem us in, and throw us for a loop to constantly have to adjust, especially early and late into the growing seasons.

0415211940.jpg

Last edited:
It was1988 May 10th, (WI) permanently etched in my mind 8" wet sticky snow, and I had to make the Hospital delivery run of my middle son in the middle of the mess at 3am. This was the 3 third time around ( obstinate litter bugger) actual delivery did not occur until apx 10am. which by then about half of the snow had melted off. He stayed that obstinate for the next 18 years- Military service corrected that. Black ops and served in the sand pit as well . He is an IT guy now but also counsels returning service members.

Reactions: Sawset and NickW