Wiring Question - Can I disconnect 1 of my blower motors?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jbtrex

Dec 16, 2017
Providence
Hi, new to posting here, usually I just read others. I have an Avalon Rainer 90 with Front blower. I have 1 blower motor which is shot. Just ordered a new assembly to install, but it won't be here for 5 days or so. Wondering if I can just cut the black power wire going into the bad motor and cap it. I'd like to run at least the 1 good motor for now, even though it will be half efficiency. Better than no blower.

Do I need to be concerned with this affecting the remaining blower from an electrical standpoint? I'm handy, but not an expert with electrical wiring. Don't think there should be a problem, but thought I'd post the question at least.

Thanks for the help!!

Not sure about the eletricals, others will weigh in, but I wouldn't run the stove too hot, fearing that different parts of the stove might expand at different rates..I dunno.

That's what I was thinking too...1 motor with 2 blower wheels on it...that's how most of them are