Wives....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
As a lot of others on here have stated my wife has no problem operating the two stoves, getting wood, even running the tractor if needed. I work a lot especially when the weather is bad, on those long cold days she keeps those stoves running and the house very warm for me when I get home. My five year old daughter even helps stack wood and likes to start the fire with the matches. It's not a bad thing for anyone to learn how to operate a wood stove or how to keep themselves warm when they have nothing but some wood and matches. Never know when it may come into play.

My wife loves the wood heat. She runs the stove in the morning when i leave for work. She complains about nothing. She does not help with any of the wood and to be honest i wouldn't want her to. She has enough to do between cooking laundry shoping and bill paying and keeping track of her expenses, planning family vacations, Hollidays, ect. She dosent care how much i spend on what i want to buy. One day I came home with a brand new 30ft grady white cc. she didnt care, she took up fishing. The only thing she asks of me is not to go the nude bar, so i dont, and really have no desire to, so no biggie.
Shes a total keeper
So as far as the wood goes its me and my boy. He is 10 he helps me with all the wood and has been doing so for 5 years now. At 5 years of age i bought him a brand new T590 trac machine with pilot control and he runs it well. Its good man bonding time. And when were done and go in the house, the girls are there with lunch or dinner and brownies..

Without a wife my life would suck. Best and toughest hunting buddy ever.
She doesn’t laugh when I drop trees badly. Carries in the cut wood, stacks the splits. Tends the fire, though she hates the new epa stove. And at 55 with 2 kids still looks 35!
Put her on here and we will see if we can help her with the stove.

My wife loves the wood stove. It’s the only way she’s warm enough at home, cause if I’m paying I don’t set the thremostat past 68
I do all the cutting and stacking, but she is a proud Girl Scout in her younger years and often will start a fire or tend to it as long as I leave her wood inside.

All my wife does is take it from the leather wood carrier and load it into the stove. That's when I'm not home doing it. I do all the tree falling, limbing, bucking, hauling, splitting, stacking and staging to the front porch.

And the winner of the toy collecting war is..... Listed above;lol

My wife is a trouper. She helps with everything but the saw operating. Its one of the few things we do together. Must be getting old and boring!

I got rid of the boat after 6 years. Got to busy at work to justify it sitting there. Im going to get another one in like 5 yrs when my son is old enough to go tuna/ marlin fishing.

Maybe cause she works there? (Its just a joke.....dont get butthurt)

Really, sounds like a good deal you got there.

I dont get sore.. my girl never worked at a strip club.. but she was a Hooters girl when were dating way back in her early twenties. Were not the jealous type.. she has verry little to complain about, theres no need to argue about money, i spend as much time with the kids as i can. I help with the kids school work and sports. Im a super hard worker, i dont hit the bars and god is in our lives. This is not to say that we dont have disagreements and things to work through every so often, but pretty much every day is a happy day at my house.

I have the greatest wife in the world. She used to say we have too much wood, but she now knows that we have just enough to keep us warm for the next couple of years. She runs the stove, brings in the wood, splits on occassion, and only complains about the wood processing when I am using the chainsaw early enough to bug the neighbors. She misses me when I go away on work trips, appreciates me when I am home, and loves that I let her sleep in on weekends while I make the kids pancakes.

She very rarely questions my purchases, like saws or spitters, and even now I have an opportunity to buy a bigger loader tractor with a backhoe, with a trailer, and it is more than we really want to pay. She comes up with smart ideas like, maybe we buy it then sell it when we are done? Still not sure on that one.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Hubby and I have been together 34 years...I'm the one that begged for a wood stove!
I'm the one that lights it/keeps it going/does general maintenance....
I'm terrified of the chain saw but I bought the log splitter. We share wood duties
as much as we can.

What a great collection of comments!

Sounds like it might be wise for those considering marriage to pick someone with an inclination towards being a woodburner! Screen out those who dote on fuels other than wood...

I'm rather surprised that I didn't see comments from men or women about how woodburning caused divorce.

Reactions: ispinwool
… That's my wife too …

Mine, too. I don't set the thermostat too high. She's never said "no" to my asking, "should I light a fire?"

Maybe we need a wood burners dating site

Reactions: Dug8498
that has merit

Mine never says no, or maybe I just cant hear her.

I could not be happier! She was 53 in that picture.

Attachments

• Joanne.jpg
    Joanne.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 166