Wood Burner Withdrawal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
I really have a hard time this time of the year, every year, with not being able to burn a fire! So for a while, I resort to my outside burner to ease the pain:p and given the level of pain this time of year, I sometimes get a little carried away !! Wood Burner WithdrawalWood Burner Withdrawal

Reactions: ScotO
Nice. It needs marshmallows. Or maybe Makers Mark.

Reactions: gyrfalcon
I really have a hard time this time of the year, every year, with not being able to burn a fire! So for a while, I resort to my outside burner to ease the pain:p and given the level of pain this time of year, I sometimes get a little carried away !!View attachment 64771View attachment 64772

In a completely, but still kind of, unrelated note, how's the back? I'm assuming you are getting around quite well since it looks like you are burning everything in sight! ;)

Reactions: tfdchief
In a completely, but still kind of, unrelated note, how's the back? I'm assuming you are getting around quite well since it looks like you are burning everything in sight! ;)
Yep BB, I hurt like hell, but I am doing just fine.....just about everything I want, just a little slower and have to endure a little hurt. But that is fine with me. What wouldn't be fine, is not being able to do the things I want. Thanks for your concern! I love hearth.com and all of you!

Reactions: gyrfalcon
Nice.... Love a good fire.. Especially when its firing out the top!!
Aint that a hoot? I was temped to go get my magnetic thermometer, but the last time I did that, it fell off!!

The wife and kids wanted to cook cheddar brats and dogs out on the fire pit this evening, but the 25-30 mph winds we've had all day hampered those plans this evening. Hopefully tomorrow evening we can do a fire on the pit, I'm off on Friday so we'll be doing a few Captain/root beers tommorrow night as well.....>>

Well, no Makers Mark but I did consume most of a bottle of Yellow Tail Pinot Noir.==c

At least you have an outdoor stove...I don't even have a fire pit......gotta git one this summer
BTW Chief...was that a magnum bottle of Yellowtail or the small one...I don't even bother with the small ones.Wood Burner Withdrawal Wood Burner Withdrawal

Im looking at fire pits right now ,i just cant make it all the way to fall to start burning agian. I dont think i like Global warming.

My withdrawal will be withdrawing to the family room to start up the stove tonight. Forecast 36 tonight and 32 tomorrow night.

I just got a "freeze warning in effect" alert on my cell from TWC....yee haw...
The "Chief" is gonna stretch his legs tonite....==c

25 predicted for us tonight. To heck with the apples. I'm not sitting up all night tonight and tomorrow night to save some apples. We'll still have some, hopefully, but not a full crop.

That's to bad Dennis, but I was afraid this would happen. It is just to early to look like the middle of May.

I agree Steve. I do think we saved the peaches. There are many blossoms that haven't opened full yet so hopefully it won't kill them. Only time will tell. It was my fear too. Weather is just too wild this spring.

Just watched my Detroit Tigers win their home opener and started a fire during the game. It is about 45 degrees outside but feels cooler because of the wind , it will get down in the 30's tonight. I threw in some black locust and ash sure wish I had my bigger stove to pack full.

That is a nifty outdoor burner and dollars to donuts that there's no creosote in the flue after the burn in the second picture. No withdrawal here tonight with the stove burning. It gets down to the mid-twenties by daybreak.

32 F this morning and lots of frost. The fruit trees and flowers are not happy. The boiler is happy and the house is toasty.

The water in the bird bath was solid this morning as we had 24 degrees. Another cold one expected tonight.

BeGreen, maybe that should be called making do with what you have on hand?! ;lol

The water in the bird bath was solid this morning as we had 24 degrees. Another cold one expected tonight.

BeGreen, maybe that should be called making do with what you have on hand?! ;lol
Yeah us too in lower Michigan, Ill be burning black walnut tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.