Wood ID - Newbie Here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mroller2898

Dec 4, 2020
Huntingtown, MD
Need a little help identifying some wood that was left behind at the house we just bought. Thanks in advance!

IMG-9171.JPG IMG-9170.JPG IMG-9169.JPG

Cherry maybe...? Kinda has that burnt potato chip looking bark and pink hue in the grain. How's it smell? Cherry smells awesome. Several of us here talk about the funny looks we get from our spouses when we split cherry and sniff it.

Cherry maybe...? Kinda has that burnt potato chip looking bark and pink hue in the grain. How's it smell? Cherry smells awesome. Several of us here talk about the funny looks we get from our spouses when we split cherry and sniff it.

I was thinking #3 could be Cherry as well. Any idea about #1 or #2. Thank you!

My skill at telling what kind of wood from a photo is nonexsistant so I will go with
good looken firewood !! ;)
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: hickoryhoarder
Cherry. I am burning some right now. Pretty good fire wood. Not the best, but pretty good.

In 2 and 3 I think I'm seeing pine.

I would not call those cherry, which I have a lot of experience with, but photos can be tough.

Are those pine needles in the back ground?