Wood id please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wesessiah

Burning Hunk
Aug 31, 2012
Lincolnton NC
i got a bunch of this in a load i picked up last year. seems to burn pretty well, the rollie pollies won't touch it, and it doesn't seem to suck up water as much as others. thanks.

splitofwood_zps401850a3.png

Ash;)

thanks. now i'm curious where he got it. i never see ash in my area, and my land pretty much has nothing but white oak, pin oak, black walnut, poplar (tulip) and pine.

Well, I could be wrong I guess. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken!==c

well, it makes sense that it's ash since i never see it and wouldn't recognize it. ash is supposed to be in my area, but i don't see it.

I think so too. A better pic of the grain would help but even in that marginal pic, it sure looks like White Ash...
never see ash in my area, and my land pretty much has nothing but white oak, pin oak, black walnut, poplar (tulip) and pine.
Here, it's Oak, Hickory.....and Ash. ==c

We've been cutting that stuff steady for over 10 years now because all of it is dead here. Good firewood.

Status
Not open for further replies.