Work Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
It was a wet day but I still bucked up one full Cherry (opened up the trail) the second Cherry was part of what is still standing (might do that tomorrow or Monday) the third is what I think is a Sugar Maple (heavy bugger) I hauled that back home which took three loads.

Pics 7331 & 32 are the first Cherry which was blocking the trail, 7333 is part of the Cherry still standing, pic 7334.

Attachments

• 100_7331.JPG
    100_7331.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_7332.JPG
    100_7332.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_7333.JPG
    100_7333.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_7334.JPG
    100_7334.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 100_7335.JPG
    100_7335.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_7336.JPG
    100_7336.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_7338.JPG
    100_7338.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 100_7339.JPG
    100_7339.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_7340.JPG
    100_7340.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 114
Looks like a busy day zap. How are the skeeters? They've not been bad here the last couple days but as soon as it warms back up, watch out!

Looks like a busy day zap. How are the skeeters? They've not been bad here the last couple days but as soon as it warms back up, watch out!
Thanks Sav, the skeeters were not around today but like you said once the heat gets here, watch out.

Looks like an execution line to me. You need to get yourself a skidder.

Get at that Yellow Birch you posted pictures of if you can. It rots out so fast that it probably started getting punky today (said with only a little exaggeration).

Reactions: zap
I've been doing yard work and getting the pool open so I came here to see some of what I'd rather be doing. Your pics Zap, they hit the spot.:)

Looks like an execution line to me. You need to get yourself a skidder.

Get at that Yellow Birch you posted pictures of if you can. It rots out so fast that it probably started getting punky today (said with only a little exaggeration).
I'm working on two Cherry tomorrow, Monday is another day cutting so it might come down then.

I've been doing yard work and getting the pool open so I came here to see some of what I'd rather be doing. Your pics Zap, they hit the spot.:)

Thanks A.B., our yard tractor just got home from being serviced, so we'll be doing some mowing during the week.

Weather for your area was for some cooler temps.
They use the "S" word for higher elevations :eek:
May help get some of the work done before the heat & skeetters hatch.

They're hatched/ing here in abundance past few days. Big slow ones, but lots of them :confused:
Was planting in the garden last night around 10 PM & got mugged by them.

Weather for your area was for some cooler temps.
They use the "S" word for higher elevations :eek:
May help get some of the work done before the heat & skeetters hatch.

They're hatched/ing here in abundance past few days. Big slow ones, but lots of them :confused:
Was planting in the garden last night around 10 PM & got mugged by them.
Some areas in Lake Placid received 18 inches of snow, not sure how much additional snow they received last night.

It's been all rain here, that will make the skeeters worse.

Go skiing zap!

Skeeters are hungry. They haven't been fed much for the last several days. They say we might hit 70 tomorrow then into the 80's!

Go skiing zap!

Skeeters are hungry. They haven't been fed much for the last several days. They say we might hit 70 tomorrow then into the 80's!
It looks like that same weather ends up here by the middle of the week. After we bring some flowers to the cemetary tomorrow, that MTD 20 Ton is going after that Sugar Maple & Beech.

I need to do some leek picking too.

Status
Not open for further replies.