Would you burn this wood with Spray Paint on it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Would you burn this painted wood in your PH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berner

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2012
Eastern, MA
I got some wood from a tree company and one of my logs has some orange spray paint on it. I have about a dozen pieces like this. The PH manual says don’t burn painted wood but what about wood that has a little bit of paint on it?
FC9FC5ED-6153-4BC8-BC8B-67B99DDBBDFB.jpeg

It's not that much paint. Also on the bark, just remove the bark if it's that concerning.

I had A little spray paint on some lumber end cuts I got. I have a cat stove as well and was concerned. Pretty simple solution. Burn it hit for a while and Make sure it's throughly burned off before you engage your cat.

Or go he hatchet route- and that is a lot more paint than I had on my wood

In it goes. Many of my logs have blue tree marking paint on them.

Probably knock off what I could of the painted surface, burn the rest. Small amounts of paint I do not worry about.

The paint vehicle is an organic material, orange color is likely organic as well. Not an issue to burn it, it burns just like the wood if you are hot.

That amount of paint would not make me hesitate.