Would you convert an old greenhouse to a wood shed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NATE379 said:
10-4. I was looking under the username.

I have no luck growing anything, damn moose keep eating it all... even my $250 A PIECE maple trees.

Come on down sometime and you can dig your own maple trees and haul them home. No charge for the trees as there will be enough shipping charges to offset that. :)

Moose around here keep getting hit by cars. And my freezer is full ;)
I was wondering about the greenhouse as a shed as well, and I'm going to give it a try this year, after my tomato plants get frost killed.
I'll keep the main door open and let the wind blow through (we get a lot of wind)
What tomato varieties work best in Alaska?

Hi, so far it is going well. I've got a thermometer in the new wood shed, old greenhouse, and the highest has been 90, lows to the 40's at night. The outside temps have been in the 60's and rain, rain and more rain. No condensation (yet) and we were careful to stack leaving lots of air circulation. This is next winter's wood, and I did leave enough room to try a few bucket tomatoes in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.