Would you do this to save just over $400.00?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I broke down and bought a homelite . Got mine for $230ish after sale and vet discount. Have been very surprised at what it could split .

Here is one of the rounds from a rock maple I took down . Over 3 cord from that tree so far.

And the stump from the tree

And the some of what I split with the little electric

Have been pretty surprised by what the splitter can do . Has saved me a lot of pain after having a shoulder injury that prevented me from using my Fiskars .

That's amazing. Seems to be able to handle much more than I would have expected.

It looks like summer there. And your Homelite looks like a Ryobi. Maybe it's the same splitter with a different name.

Last edited:
Hi, Haven't read all the posts, but, if you don't have a splitter it's a good idea to get one. I remember splitting by hand, I thought anyone with a splitter was a sissy, didn't take long before it became clear it was time for a splitter.

Your splits will be exactly the size you want them, If you burn much wood, it's a must. Have fun, keep warm.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.