Xeeos Twinfire X8 installed today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H_b

May 10, 2016
New Zealand
I thought this might be of interest to some of you on the forum. We had this installed today, just in time for winter! Pretty excited to finally have a fire in our house. This is the first year the local council has allowed new fires (provided they are ULEBs) to be installed. Unfortunately we have to wait for the council to inspect before we can start burning.
IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1910.JPG IMG_1911.JPG

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
Very nice. Keep us posted on operation and performance. That is a very strongly radiant stove and totally mesmerizing in action.

They look impressive - what size room / area are you trying to heat with that? i assume you are fully insulated? They're quite expensive but pretty flash.::-)

They look impressive - what size room / area are you trying to heat with that? i assume you are fully insulated? They're quite expensive but pretty flash.::-)

Our house is an old bungalow but it has retrofitted insulation. The room it's in is about 40sqm, the whole house is 120sqm. This was actually the most affordable wood fire we are allowed to install (some of the others are twice the price!).

Not so bad for winter temps. Our current temp here is 13C/56F :( Supposed to be spring but the pellet stove is still getting some use...

Yeah we are lucky to have mild winters. I'm hoping it snows this year, it normally snows for one or two days every second or third winter. Everything shuts and we all get a day off work or school even though there is only about 10cm of snow.

The weather and temps sound similar to ours in the Pacific NW. Normally we don't get much snow at all, but occasionally we can really get dumped on. Fortunately this is rare. If we want snow we go up in the mountains.

any videos or updates from your winter with this. Love this stove...

Status
Not open for further replies.