your best guess on how much wood this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
myzamboni said:
How much did you pay? (if you don't mind my asking).
0 i have not paid him yet ... lol its 260 a truck load which is supposed to be 1.5

There is only one shure-fire way to tell how much wood is there.
Bring it to my house, I will burn it for you...free of charge mind you...and then when the tally is in I will give you guarenteed numbers.
I am such a great guy!

Wolves-Lower said:
There is only one shure-fire way to tell how much wood is there.
Bring it to my house, I will burn it for you...free of charge mind you...and then when the tally is in I will give you guarenteed numbers.
I am such a great guy!

np i will be travelling to IOWA!!

Todd said:
What kind of truck? He sounds like a shyster to me.
its a dump truck its an older one should fit at least a cord but with the side rails i don't see why it wouldn't do more

Gosh......it IS hard to estimate ! Here in Texas, we usually cut everything 22" - 24" long, which makes it a lot easier to figure how close it is to a "cord". Of course, we've never had to actually "heat" with wood. Now that it's becoming important, we're having to re-think our formula for cubic volume. Looks like you've got just over a "cord". Hope you have a wonderful Christmas season !! By the way, I'm in the process of building a new home, and have relied heavily on the information of those on this forum who have been really depending on wood, as a heat source, rather than just a pretty fire ! Thanks for all of the knowledge that's here.

update.....
he agreed it was 3 in total apologized explained it was not him doing the wood that day and he left instructions for the other wood to be delivered
however the kids took it somewhere else
he said he was hoping that my wood was mixed (half n half) but he saw i got the other persons load completely
he also said he doesn't have a lot of the really dry stuff left maybe a cord but he would bring that plus 2 more truck loads of the stuff i have already
and he will do it himself so all in all i should get another 4 cords
i believe he is being frinedly because its a small world and once i explained to him a few people i knew that he he really became a nice person
politics is a dirty game .........lol so i am happy seeing i will be getting 7 cords unfortunately i still need to get some more for this year to burn!!! but i have six for next!!!

Glad you have reached some sort of resolution.

If you can get the damp stuff sorted out, stack it in single or double wide rows where it can get some good air circulation, and put a tarp or other waterproof cover over the tops ONLY - That might get it dried out enough to be burnable by the time you have burned your cord or two of dry stuff - not perfect or ideal, but at least useable.

To bad you don't live near me, or I could try to hook you up with a friend of mine that is a wood guy... I don't buy from him as he is WAY more money than I'm willing to spend, but he does kiln dried and seems to sell to a lot of the local restaurants and casual burners.

Gooserider

iceman said:
update.....
he agreed it was 3 in total apologized explained it was not him doing the wood that day and he left instructions for the other wood to be delivered
however the kids took it somewhere else
he said he was hoping that my wood was mixed (half n half) but he saw i got the other persons load completely
he also said he doesn't have a lot of the really dry stuff left maybe a cord but he would bring that plus 2 more truck loads of the stuff i have already
and he will do it himself so all in all i should get another 4 cords
i believe he is being frinedly because its a small world and once i explained to him a few people i knew that he he really became a nice person
politics is a dirty game .........lol so i am happy seeing i will be getting 7 cords unfortunately i still need to get some more for this year to burn!!! but i have six for next!!!
Congrats, your all set for next year. ;) Now work on this year.

wood it help if i covered it from 3 sides and put a fan in there?

If you are talking about price, I'd say about 130-180 a cord depending on your seller. 4x4x8 being a cord, you can do the math when you get to that. Or, if you meant, how much, I'd say 1.5-2 cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.