burning waste????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

argus66

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2007
central coastal nj
hey a friend of mine just redid his kitchen and has tons of scrap pesies of wood. and now seing my stove wants to give (dump) all the scrapes with me. is plywood ok to burn? it is glued together so im a little werry of accepting this wood. u know how it goes "oh u have a stove/ fireplace oh i have all this wood"......... i would think anthing with no glue would be safe right????

The sensible answer is that plywood and anything with paint on it shouldn't be burned. I wish that weren't true, since I have some plywood leftovers that I'd love to burn.

yeah kind of what i figured but what about burning pallets?? i read a lot about burning them on here. is it somewhat safe if no paint, glue, and fully dry?

unpainted pallets & regular UNTREATED stick framing are ok to burn in moderation. If you fill the stove full with either, that sucker will run away like a freight train.
Keep in mind, with pallets, your going to prolly have nails to clean out of the bottom of the stove also.

Status
Not open for further replies.