1st Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhredbird

Sep 8, 2011
Southern, NH
New here, been lurcking for a month. This site has been very helpful.
Need to make up my mind on a stove. House is 7yrs young, close to 3000 sq. ft.
1st floor master Br, 3-Br's upstiars + large game rm above garage.
Was thinking of a pellet furnace (Revolution) ducted in the basement?
Now looking at a pellet stove in the central living rm. on 1st fl. (cathedral w\ fan).
All rm's are off this living rm. Looked at Harman, Qaudrafire & St. Croix.
Now looking at Englander 10-cpm @ lowes ($2,380)?

There is a guy selling reconditioned Englander Pellet stoves on ebay. They come with a full factory warranty, and he offers free shipping to the nearest terminal or for an extra $50.oo it will be delivered to your driveway.

He has sold a lot of them, and is a very good person to deal with.

Here is a link to a Englander 10-cpm that he currently has listed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TimberRidge...306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0dc1ccb2

The Englander 10-CPM, the Timberridge 49-TRCPM, and the Summers Heat 49-SHCPM are all the same stove, just sold under different names for different stores.

It is a hard stove to beat for the cost.

Thanks for the post on a re-furbished stove its a great price.
Question now is why does he have all these re-furbished stoves?
I thought this was a recently new line of multi-fuels for englander?
What could have been wrong with them?

nhredbird said:

Anything from shipping damage, to user error, once the stove goes back to the store it goes back to england stove works and gets refurbed.

Remember with any product from England you are the primary technical support person. England has an excellent tech support department however you are its eyes, ears, and hands. If you are all thumbs when it comes to mechanical, electrical, and carpentry skills a DIY setup isn't for you.

nhredbird said:

Have no fear about the refurbished stoves they sell. AM-FM Energy is a re-seller that gets the stoves directly from Englander Tech Service, who does the refurb. The stove will be as close to "Factory New" as possible, and retains the full 1 yr. full factory warranty.

The stoves get drop-shipped directly from Englander, AFAIK. I bought the same (refurbished) stove you are considering from AM-FM, and I love it....great people to buy from, including the FREE SHIPPING.

Went on the AM-FM site looks like the 10-cpm is $1799. The links some posted were for $1099 but it says not in stock?
As well, reading more here alot of you are saying its a good stove.
Really haven't found anyone bashing it or not having good luck with it.
Another question is it quiet enough for the LivingTV room?

all pellet stoves make noise, some more then others. if your looking for whisper quit buy a gas stove.

my castile is next to my TV and it does make noise, but not enough for me not to have it.

I would rather burn pellets then oil!

If you didn't go with a pellet boiler, I'd put a small pellet stove on the second floor, (maybe a small, more affordable Englander) for really cold days/evenings and then a Harman P-68 in your living room as the main heat source which could heat your main floor and provide some heat upstairs if needed (depending on your house layout, venting, etc.). Depending upon where you live and how warm you prefer your house, you may find you'd rarely need the smaller stove upstairs. From everything I've read on here and from talking with current Harman owners, you can't go wrong with any Harman product.

Status
Not open for further replies.