2009 Quadrafire Isle Royale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmindcl

Sep 13, 2011
Western Maryland
So, I've been persuaded to look at the Quadrafire Isle Royale in my dealer's showroom as opposed to the Hearthstone Heritage or Mansfield we were going to buy. It's the 2009 model, brown, only lit once and getting it for $2799. Does anyone know if the specs are the same for 2009 and 2011? Have there been good changes that would convince me to leave this deal? Thanks!

There has been no change between these years that I know of.

BeGreen said:
There has been no change between these years that I know of.

X2

As a long time user of the Isle Royale - it is one heck of a heat machine. Mine has been virtually trouble free and I run it like I stole it. And have been doing that for 9 years (I think).

Thanks for the responses. We were able to verify that the 09 model is the same as 11 and we feel confident this will do the job in our house! I'll update this winter.

Maybe its just me, but I have to think you could get a new one for $2800 or probably even less.

My understanding is that the base price on a new is 2599 + 650 for the mahogany + 320 for the fan and then whatever the legs cost. I hope I'm getting a fair price. Because we are retro fitting it into a zero clearance, we need it professionally installed and they are the only dealer w/in an hour. They sold us our Quadrafire pellet and we love it.

kmindcl said:
My understanding is that the base price on a new is 2599 + 650 for the mahogany + 320 for the fan and then whatever the legs cost. I hope I'm getting a fair price. Because we are retro fitting it into a zero clearance, we need it professionally installed and they are the only dealer w/in an hour. They sold us our Quadrafire pellet and we love it.

A fair price is whatever you are happy with. Could you get one for less? Yes. Would it be from a dealer that only used once? Probably not.

You are getting it delivered and installed by a company you trust. If you are happy with the price, that's all that matters. Are you getting ripped off? Doesn't seem like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.