2016-17 Blaze King Performance Thread (Everything BK) Part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt post a THREAD TITLE that stated something negative just to gather peoples attention, i also didnt rant for 50 pages like others have without proof, i also did not post rants about something not working when my own setup is at fault. I also did not appear because of a rant and did not dispear the minute the rant is over. your words are false those people did not ask questions and those people have disapeared.
Those people may have dissapeared because they were attacked for having a problem and asking for help. Most did not blame the stove they told us the stove and the problem and asked what the issue was. There are posts like that all the time here about many different manufactures but you only take issue with those concerning bk. Even though your justification is that no company should be publicly attacked.

Those people may have dissapeared because they were attacked for having a problem and asking for help. Most did not blame the stove they told us the stove and the problem and asked what the issue was. There are posts like that all the time here about many different manufactures but you only take issue with those concerning bk. Even though your justification is that no company should be publicly attacked.

i really and highly doubt that dude, they debated for pages galore.

i really and highly doubt that dude, they debated for pages galore.
Only one of them debated for pages. I can remember at least 2 others who you jumped on and they left after a couple posts. But regardless none of them were badmouthing bk stoves overall as you claimed they were having problems and wanted help like many others on this site.

But as soon as you have an issue your principles about not publicly badmouting a company go out the window. That tells me allot about your character.

How long will a BK burn on a load of peat? ;lol
Considerably longer than a Woodstock on a load of B.S.:):):)
Ah, if only my Ws would burn BS... I could just come to the BK thread once a year, and never have to go into the woods again! ;) You do know what 'BK' stands for, right? ;lol
Oh yeah, the whole "door is extra" bit is a weird one. You find what sounds like a good deal on a BK only too find out the door is not included. I bet you wouldn't get very far with a warranty claim if you "opted out" on the door.
Door is optional, since some buyers like to see a fire. Do they at least throw in a screen? ;)
Every display model in the world gets sold or given away, they dont get thrown away. its the stores choice to sell a display model, know one is forcing them to do so.
?? I don't think they can send floor models back at the end of the season. ;hm Selling demos at a little above cost, or 'giving them away' doesn't sound like a very good business model, especially if they have paid shipping as well. Of the two shops here, one has a demo running....one model. At least they can sell the stoves that haven't been burned for closer to what a new stove would cost. Seems like both shops have a lot of ZC fireplaces. I haven't looked closely at them to see if they are just cheap 'builder models' or if some would actually heat. I'm guessing that their spa business makes them more money than their stove business, in this climate anyway.
I wonder what kind of cut a BK dealer gets, compared to the dealers' profit on other brands? Seems like they are trying hard to expand their dealer network in areas where they historically haven't had dealers. I wonder how many of them are actual stove shops, as opposed to being a hardware store or something...a 'dealer' in name only? I wouldn't expect much from such a 'dealer.' I know webby's shop is bona fide. I don't think BK would fly down in this part of the state, with all these cheap Dutchmen. ;lol The one dealer got rid of Hearthstone, salesman said because of the price....but the other dealer might pick them up, I heard.

I don't think they can send floor models back at the end of the season. ;hm Selling demos at a little above cost, or 'giving them away' doesn't sound like a very good business model, especially if they have paid shipping as well. Of the two shops here, one has a demo running....one model. At least they can sell the stoves that haven't been burned for closer to what a new stove would cost.

There are two stove shops in my area. Last I visited one was running a Hitzer coal stove as a demo, the other a Harmon pellet stove. Both claimed there stoves too be the stand alone heat source for there shops. If that's true then selling these things at cost after a season of use sounds like a pretty sweet deal for these shops.

Reactions: Woody Stover
I don't understand why so many manufacturers won't sell their stuff to customers.

I would jump at the chance to buy a stove from the manufacturer for cost plus their markup plus LTL shipment.

Imagine how great it would be if you could buy a car for cost+markup+transport without paying for the rent and staffing and second markup of that awful dealership that makes the whole experience so unpleasant.

Here's to the future, I guess.

Reactions: gregbesia
I don't understand why so many manufacturers won't sell their stuff to customers.

I would jump at the chance to buy a stove from the manufacturer for cost plus their markup plus LTL shipment.

Manufacturers offer exclusivity to dealers as an incentive to attract the best dealerships. Many may choose to not carry a given brand, if they know the manufacturer will undercut them, selling direct to the customer.

There is the service after the sale thing to consider. More important with cars than woodstoves, but a consideration for both.

I have only purchased two new vehicles in my life. One was a gm with a third party warranty. The warranty company paid way more in servicing the car than i had paid for the warranty.

My second is a toyota with mfr that includes towing to the nearest dealership and a free loaner. Yes it cost a little more than ust buying the truck, but i have guarunteed transportation for the life of the warranty and the residual valie of the truck at the end.

I can tell you for certain that when my bypass door gasket needs replaced in a few more years the only tool i am going to use for that job is my visa card.

Imagine how great it would be if you could buy a car for cost+markup+transport without paying for the rent and staffing and second markup of that awful dealership that makes the whole experience so unpleasant.

Here's to the future, I guess.
I'm sure the trucking industry would love that! Long skinny driveway, no forklift...
rather than eliminate dealerships, how bout cracking down on inferior dealers? I'm all for that! If you don't service what you sell, then your outa here!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful and bholler
I'm sure the trucking industry would love that! Long skinny driveway, no forklift...
rather than eliminate dealerships, how bout cracking down on inferior dealers? I'm all for that! If you don't service what you sell, then your outa here!
I have one for that list! lol I cringe at the thought of having to deal with this idiot in the future...

Whats wrong with this picture? Cruising along on a full load of hedge...
IMG_2567.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashful
I decided to reverse the roof brace stance to avoid introducing a point of entry for rain in my new metal roof...my post was to point out how clean my stove burns...

I decided to reverse the roof brace stance to avoid introducing a point of entry for rain in my new metal roof...my post was to point out how clean my stove burns...
Ahh, gotcha.
The brace kit doesn't add much support stretched out at that angle though.

Yo moderators...time for BK Performance Thread III.

Reactions: huauqui
It's been in the 70's during the day and upper 40's at night in my neck of Indiana. No fires for me.

I am seeing sometimes up to lower 80s but at night anything between 38 to 45. Sometimes I am forced to make a fire. I am using just some pieces of pine. A hot fire and dial it low before go to bed. Next morning l open the front, back and side doors and some windows and that let me not feel the heat from the stove during the day. I always have some nice breeze going by. Every night it has enough coals in the ash to relight some pine again and repeat the process.lol

Ahh, gotcha.
The brace kit doesn't add much support stretched out at that angle though.
It is actually braced well...the picture from my phone makes the stance of the braces to appear much wider than they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.