2019-20 Blaze King Performance Thread Part 1 (Everything BK)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read carefully, "these" high efficiency stoves. Don't forget that you are squatting in the BK thread.
these high efficiency stoves are more prone to spillage than regular stoves.
So, your statement trying to equate high efficiency stoves with smoke spillage, more than "regular" stoves, is bogus since you can offer nothing to back the statement up. Gotcha. Talk about squat.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for replying highbeam. Yeah avatar pic is my old vc intrepid, I loved that, not sure I will change pic. Only current pic is during installView attachment 248954View attachment 248953
Had to show the guy on roof. Yeah no thanks. Well worth paying him to go up there!!
It’s to warm to really play with it yet, I’m confident I’ll figure it out. The flapper doesn’t seem to start to open until thermostat knob is horizontal
Potential candidate for a Darwin award up on that roof...

Reactions: Ashful
Hot reloads are no issue, just bypass for five minutes before and after, if you want to minimize smoke spillage and minimize cat shock.
Cat shock?

Cat shock?
Yeah, looks like this...
cat.jpg
;lol

Cat shock?
It's when cold room air hits the 1200 degree catalytic combustor. If it's a ceramic combustor, it can cause it to fracture.

It's when cold room air hits the 1200 degree catalytic combustor. If it's a ceramic combustor, it can cause it to fracture.
And when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's amoré.

Ahh so its bad and I should tell wife to bypass for a bunch before loading

Reactions: AlbergSteve
Ahh so its bad and I should tell wife to bypass for a bunch before loading
Couple minutes bypassed will bring cat temp down quite a bit. Have you got ceramic or steel cat?
And when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's amoré.
Dood, you're making me hungry. ;)
A big pizza pie will be fabricated and baked this weekend, if I don't want to light the stove as temps dip to 40 for a couple nights. :oops:

Couple minutes bypassed will bring cat temp down quite a bit. Have you got ceramic or steel cat?
Dood, you're making me hungry. ;)
A big pizza pie will be fabricated and baked this weekend, if I don't want to light the stove as temps dip to 40 for a couple nights. :oops:
Not sure, which is which again? Mine is the one that looks like corrugated cardboard on edge

Not sure, which is which again? Mine is the one that looks like corrugated cardboard on edge
That's the steel cat. Thermal shock won't crumble it, but bypassing for a couple minutes before opening the door is still a good idea, to avoid unnecessary rapid contraction.

Well, 28 thru the night, early morning. For sure I am burning tonight. ;)

Anyone order from Applied Ceramics? I think I got the website from here. I ordered new cat gaskets a week ago but they are not answering website inquiries and email contact on the receipt it just bouncing back. Never got any shipping info or anything from them other then the receipt.

That's the steel cat. Thermal shock won't crumble it, but bypassing for a couple minutes before opening the door is still a good idea, to avoid unnecessary rapid contraction.

Agreed. I just go to bypass when grabbing my wood satchel, before going outside to grab a load of wood. By the time I come back inside, I’m ready to open the door.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Hello boys and girls. Just installed a new thermostat on the king. Has anyone installed one? My new Tstat is way harder to spin. Their is a lot more tension. I will post some youtube video as i recorded the install.

Anyone order from Applied Ceramics? I think I got the website from here. I ordered new cat gaskets a week ago but they are not answering website inquiries and email contact on the receipt it just bouncing back. Never got any shipping info or anything from them other then the receipt.

They finally got back with me today......

Just installed a new thermostat on the king. Has anyone installed one?
I think you have to calibrate it after installation. Someone will chime in with the procedure soon, I'm sure..

First fire tonight!!! 1 week ago it was 93 and record highs. Tonight the low is 37. Crazy..

Can any of you BK gurus tell me what purpose these (look like handles) serve? On the Princess.A5B588E0-6DF9-4C02-A89F-066149064999.jpeg

I always thought they were rails to keep your pot from falling off when the boat rocked.
My 16yr old said they are for exercising! But “wait” the stove pipe is in the way......

Reactions: BKVP
Status
Not open for further replies.