28 degrees in Cupsuptic Maine today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Coldest spot in the 48. The town I live in about an hour away is 32 degrees. I have the minisplit on warming the office. It will warm up quickly but a reminder that its the first day of fall.

going down into the 40's overnight this week.

I keep forgetting its almost October.

Tempus fugit.

53F here. There are a couple more days 'til fall. The autumnal equinox starts on Wednesday. Don't rush it!

Yeah it was kind of chilly this A.M.! I woke up had a cup of coffee and saw that we had a little frost on our roof. Got up on the roof and spent an hour and a half cleaning the chimneys and both stoves. Good thing as my roofer called and wants to start this week on replacing our roof. Fall is in the air, so time to split some wood.

27 in Moose River at 05:30...

We didn't have a day below 80 for all of Aug and much of September. Almost no rain.

A week ago the heat broke..like turning a switch it went from daily highs of 85 to highs of 68. This morning I woke up to 36f.

My lawn never recovered from summer burn. I was going to try and reseed it this fall but it looks like that won't be happening now.

All of that rain we've been missing out on we got in one big dose today. Yikes!

Heard you folks really got a big dump all at once. Flooding in Portland.

Yeah they got wacked... Down our way we got a little less but stil really wet. 2.5in I think.

Now we desperately needed the rain as we have basically been in a drought since July..... just not all in one day thanks,.

Reactions: Knots
We got over 5" here!!! Just got finished helping neighbors bail out boats and move docks around. My gravel road is gonna need some work tomorrow.

We got 5" coming in the next 24 hours. I'm not looking forward to mud slides and VDOT telling me I can't get back to my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.