48' Wood shed Mod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need extra of that stuff I think I have a short piece, maybe 4-5ft left over from my duck coop.

Dave, how was the fair this year?

Maybe we can make a swap. I'll send you some oak and you send me the antlers.

Reactions: Realstone
If you need extra of that stuff I think I have a short piece, maybe 4-5ft left over from my duck coop.

Thanks,
Had just enough, 15 feet left over from the damaged ends, of course I saved it. maybe I can take it to moose camp & cover the firewood out there.

Dave, how was the fair this year?

Maybe we can make a swap. I'll send you some oak and you send me the antlers.

Had a great time. Good fair. Lots to see as usual. I always stop at several booths & bs with them. Learn lots of things that way.
Good acrobats show, good juggler, & the lumberjack show is always fun.
Rides are marginal to the lower 48 amusement parks but the kids have fun, I do the ferris wheel (like the view) .
Great food.
A great human body display, actual human taxidermy, & parts with a good description & a doc on hand to answer questions.
Big cabbage for the display was only 60lbs or so. (easily fills a wheel barrow though) Weigh in for the" big ones" is later this week.
My turnips & potatoes are bigger than the ones that won the blue ribbon.
Always amazed at the variety of fruits, veggies & berries grown here, Some do great & some ok.

I like the farm animals, I see bacon & eggs, sausage & pork chops & steaks LOL :)
Bidding on them is usually won by business, high dollar, but to a good cause, FFA kids.

May go one more time, near the end, to see the other stuff that gets brought in.

"OAK for Moose antlers ?"
Deal!
Got several, a cord , 1/2 cord, or P/U truck load of oak per set ? ;)

Actually not all that cold here, most winters we get down around -25* and that's it. I grew up in northern Maine and winters seemed to be colder there... and much more snow too.

I burn about 3.5 cords a winter and heat the house just with wood.

Did give some thought to take an ISO container, the 40ft ones, cutting out one side and making that into a wood shed. Would hold about 10 cords.

Not last year . . . warmer than normal temps and definitely not as much snow . . . even The County didn't get as much snow until quite late in the season . . . and other than The County and the western mountains there was precious little snow last year. I only rode the sleds three times -- and had to trailer all three times.

And now back to the program . . . shed looks fantastic Dave. I was going to do something similar to my shed, but instead my wife convinced me to simply have a longer overhang with the 2 x 6s and not bother with the downward angle. I think I have a 1 1/2, maybe 2, foot overhang -- it's actually pretty nice since I can stand outside my woodshed when it's snowing or raining and admire (or pick out the wood from the front rows) without getting wet.

Thanks,
Had just enough, 15 feet left over from the damaged ends, of course I saved it. maybe I can take it to moose camp & cover the firewood out there.

Had a great time. Good fair. Lots to see as usual. I always stop at several booths & bs with them. Learn lots of things that way.
Good acrobats show, good juggler, & the lumberjack show is always fun.
Rides are marginal to the lower 48 amusement parks but the kids have fun, I do the ferris wheel (like the view) .
Great food.
A great human body display, actual human taxidermy, & parts with a good description & a doc on hand to answer questions.
Big cabbage for the display was only 60lbs or so. (easily fills a wheel barrow though) Weigh in for the" big ones" is later this week.
My turnips & potatoes are bigger than the ones that won the blue ribbon.
Always amazed at the variety of fruits, veggies & berries grown here, Some do great & some ok.

I like the farm animals, I see bacon & eggs, sausage & pork chops & steaks LOL :)
Bidding on them is usually won by business, high dollar, but to a good cause, FFA kids.

May go one more time, near the end, to see the other stuff that gets brought in.

"OAK for Moose antlers ?"
Deal!
Got several, a cord , 1/2 cord, or P/U truck load of oak per set ? ;)

Maybe it would be a better idea for me to just come on up and we go shoot some moose together.

Maybe it would be a better idea for me to just come on up and we go shoot some moose together.

Sounds good & probably cheaper too :)
Season is open now, thru Sept 25.

I've got my hunting rifle propped by the window. Perfect view to the spot where I had a bag of salt rip open and dump out. Whoops, how careless of me ;)

I've got my hunting rifle propped by the window. Perfect view to the spot where I had a bag of salt rip open and dump out. Whoops, how careless of me ;)

:eek: Sounds like the farmer who spilled some corn from the wagon...

Reactions: Realstone
Status
Not open for further replies.