A little stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Wood-2012a.JPGWood-2012c.JPGWood-2012d.JPG

Did a little more stacking today. Lots yet to do. For sure I don't stack as well when I'm hurting like I have been lately but we'll get it done anyway, little by little.

Very Nice Dennis...... Always a pleasure to view the Master Stackers work ;)

Holy Bunch of Rounds Batman! !! Thats a lot of rounds Dennis. Good Burners ;) What species are they? Look different than the ash? Bark looks like maybe a Silver Maple? But some of the wood looks dark or red?

Very nice..

Thanks Dexter. In there you will find mostly ash but will also find elm, cherry, pin oak and red oak. Should keep us warm for a couple years but, of course, it will be a few years before we get into this stuff.

You might be surprised Tim! You have a great start already.

Now those are some perfect stacks.
Even when you are not stacking with your "A" game, you set a high standard ;ex

Kinda makes the comments you made in another post seem a little "out of reality" :
***"Now I'm going to have to learn how to stack wood so neat. ."*** :ZZZ
***"The masters are zap and Highbeam. Then comes Bogydave. Sad, but I am way down the list but I don't mind at all."*** :ZZZ

Good job Dennis.
Good therapy! Good exercise! & " It'll make you feel warm all over in a few years " :)

Great pictures,

Geeze Dave. I thought I was really sloppy this year.

Geeze Dave. I thought I was really sloppy this year.

Yeah.... Uh huh.. Right ;)

Really Sloppy. Yep thats it.... Those stacks look terrible! !! ;)

Your the Stack Master Dennis. I take pride in my laser straight stacks.... But I cheat. I dont cross-stack the ends like you. I use 2x4 racks.. I am not worthy... I am not worthy... LOL ;)

Attachments

• index-38.jpeg
    index-38.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 178
  • index-13.jpeg
    index-13.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 185
Well thanks guys but I'm not kidding. After I finished today I just sort of shook my head a bit. But then, a year ago I did pretty bad too. Maybe age? Anyway, methinks you give too much credit, but thanks anyway.

You need a new pair of glasses. LOL :)
My old "no line bifocals" make things look bowed.
Even when I use a chalk line, level, laser & square my stacks don't look that good. That's why I get the pics with the Mts in the background, to trick the eyes :)

;lol Dang. Wish we had a few mountains around here.

We got some, saw this for sale sign, you have to work out the shipping:

100_4508.JPG

Reactions: ScotO
Wow! It's for sale! I'll do some talking and see if we can work out the details. Thanks for the picture Dave.

Looks great Sav, your stacks always look super.

zap

Glad you could make it out there and do some stacking Sav. Looks real good.

I wish my stacks looked that neat. Nice work. BTW what size do you leave the rounds?

Hope the Mrs is doing well.

Thats great Dennis. You are putting in some serious work.
@dave, that is some picture youve got there.

Looking good Dennis!

I'm hoping to find some time to finish up what I have going on around here before the temps get out of control. If I don't find the time soon I may talk myself into leaving it heaped up until fall. :)

I cheat too Dex, it's the fastest way (for me) to get the ends right.
Last time you showed that Dennis, it was just a big ol pile of splits. Lots of work there.
I like the way Dex has the brace across the top. Way easy to add some plywood, or other top cover for inclement weather.

I wish my stacks looked that neat. Nice work. BTW what size do you leave the rounds?

Hope the Mrs is doing well.

The rounds are usually 5" or under. Mrs still doing well but has taken a bit of a setback. Tried doing too much but it is difficult to tell a redhead to stop doing something...

Reactions: tfdchief
I cheat too Dex, it's the fastest way (for me) to get the ends right.
Last time you showed that Dennis, it was just a big ol pile of splits. Lots of work there.
I like the way Dex has the brace across the top. Way easy to add some plywood, or other top cover for inclement weather.

You are right Dave. Dexter has some very nice wood piles with a great idea.

Looks like you've been busy. Nice work, looks good to me.

That's the way to git 'er done, Dennis! :)
Hey, a couple of those rounds look like they will have to be an angle fit in a Fireview! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.