alaskan mill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious as to the details of it's construction. that really answered some questions about how it fits on the saw, etc.

On a similar note, that guy was milling through some wood at lightning speed, but then I look and he's running an MS880 with a 36" bar. daannggggggg.....

Danno77 said:
I was curious as to the details of it's construction. that really answered some questions about how it fits on the saw, etc.

On a similar note, that guy was milling through some wood at lightning speed, but then I look and he's running an MS880 with a 36" bar. daannggggggg.....

lol that is the best way 076 is another good one...but the biggest logs I will have is around 35 in. and thats poplar so the ported 460 and a 32 in bar will do. (my hard woods are all under 28in.) I have the 30in. mill 32in. bar recommenced cc 65-85 I have 76.5cc

Todays menu old hickory! 14ft long and 22in. at the butt and 21in. at the top. total of 802 board ft so far.

Attachments

• new wood 2 resize.jpg
    new wood 2 resize.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 223
  • new wood resize.jpg
    new wood resize.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 210
Ok decided to go with a bigger set up a 36in. mill on the way powered by a 880 121cc+ WoooHooo anyone need milling service? lol

smokinjay said:
Ok decided to go with a bigger set up a 36in. mill on the way powered by a 880 121cc+ WoooHooo anyone need milling service? lol
an 880? are you f'n serious? Major jealousy about now.......

smokinjay said:

Oh NO YOU DI-ENT? An 880?? Whoo Hooo! Watch the chips fly.

ps ---->"pictures or it never happened"

Just order it with a 41 in. bar can do 36in. slabs will be here in a couple days pic's will follow...lol have mill will travel!
sending the 30in. mill back the 460 will now be on the mini mill for edging only.

bring it over, then. google maps to Macomb, IL. I got oak & black walnut waiting for you. I have a big enough harvest (I think) that you can get a full load on whatever you are driving/towing. this offer isn't good for anybody else. I get 25% of the boards......... Too bad you aren't a little bit closer.

kenny chaos said:
You, are out of control.
Live it Baby.

I have 2500 board foot 800 ready to go and the rest will be done by may 9th and worth 2-3.25 a board foot klin is rig and ready to go the math says I can afford 2-880 lol
and still turn a profit.. walnut is all sold alreay 900.00

kenny chaos said:
That's great but for the price, you coulda bought a small, portable, real sawmill.
was thinking the same, but I know Jay and he wants a big saw to play with. I give him less than a year before he has a 6ft (or equally ridiculous) bar to use for the big trees.

Danno77 said:
kenny chaos said:
That's great but for the price, you coulda bought a small, portable, real sawmill.
was thinking the same, but I know Jay and he wants a big saw to play with. I give him less than a year before he has a 6ft (or equally ridiculous) bar to use for the big trees.

lol the biggest one I have in my sites is 63in. very round and have put it off for more than a year called the guy Saturday night and told him we have a answer to the problem! Now I have none quite a few trees 58-59 in. with flat spots with a 28in. bar so a 41 should cut any tree in the mid-west...again have mill will travel! lol

kenny chaos said:

not even close the Alaskan mills is the cheapest way out easy enough to pack in a woods and with 121cc will be pretty quick for a mill. A good use mill with around 8000 hrs on it is 4000.00 buck range

smokinjay said:
kenny chaos said:

not even close the Alaskan mills is the cheapest way out easy enough to pack in a woods and with 121cc will be pretty quick for a mill.
even after including the saw price?

Danno77 said:
smokinjay said:
kenny chaos said:

not even close the Alaskan mills is the cheapest way out easy enough to pack in a woods and with 121cc will be pretty quick for a mill.
even after including the saw price?

yes even counting the saw price! with saw and mill is under 2000.00 and its all new.

"A good use mill with around 8000 hrs on it is 4000.00 buck range" and will not be able to do the big slabs!

I bought my little sawmill for $500.
I cut up enough wood to build a chicken coop, an 800bu. corn crib, a 30x60 barn addition,
sold about $2000 worth of lumber, and sold it a couple years later for $800.
And I didn't ruin a good chainsaw to do it.

kenny chaos said:
I bought my little sawmill for $500.
I cut up enough wood to build a chicken coop, an 800bu. corn crib, a 30x60 barn addition,
sold about $2000 worth of lumber, and sold it a couple years later for $800.
And I didn't ruin a good chainsaw to do it.

lol the 880 built to mill and you can see its well worth the effort 500.00 for a mill you got lucky for sure....And planing a 20x20 on the shop aswell so I am pretty happy with my choices....If anyone can where out a 880 all it would need is a new top end after many many many board foot...I can assure you it is the choice of many millers.

Oh and anyone want a good deal on a 361 and case and 3 rs chains mint!

What? I'll take it, it has no hours. LOL

MMaul said:
What? I'll take it, it has no hours. LOL

cant pm anymore today at my limit and your right very low hrs. mint 475.00

Status
Not open for further replies.