American Wood Fiber or Presto Logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DexterDay said:
I used to go through 3-4 tanks a yr (500 gal) ... Spent almsot $4,000 a yr. This November will be 2 yrs since my last fill and I have 50%. We do not use the LP furnace (Trane XV-90) anymore. Only use LP for cooking. So about 100-125 gallons a yr for cooking. Thats all I have thats LP besides the furnace. An electric stove would take my usage to 0%. But I hate electric stoves. I am a Pyro at heart.

3-4 tanks a yr. Now down to 1 tank every 4 yrs. With a savings every yr about $3,000!!!! I am never going to give this up. I just installed my Dads 25-PDV this weekend... He is so excited. After watching my savings over the yrs, he had to have one... He got the sickness too.. I doubt he will become a member ( old school ) , but he may...

I am sure I am not the only one here that has a half-dozen or a dozen buddies that all have Woodstoves or Pellet stoves. And yet none will join. Rather watch TV and movies...

If you have a stove this site is a must. I went from knowing nothing to being able to service and maintain my stove properly from this site.

Anybody that is able and has propane really should look into pellet stoves as an alternative. My stove will pay for itself this year and over a ten year span save me 30 to 40 grand........not bad.

I agree this site is great. I have always wanted a pellet stove but never had a house for it. When I bought the house last year, the pellet stove was one of the first things I bought. I lucked out and found my Accentra insert on Craigslist and got a great deal

Status
Not open for further replies.