Are Woodstock stoves highly sensitive to moisture?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like your wood drying is ok hardrock. There might be some room for improvement, but in fact it's not too different from ours. With birch, big leaf maple and alder I am burning it after 2 yrs, split and stacked if I'm lucky, but often it is 1 yr. Storing it in a dehumidified basement near the stove to further dry it out has to be better than our outdoor, 100% humidity stacks, even if they are under cover.

To get back to your original question, personally I think your wood would burn fine in a Fireview. If not fully seasoned you won't see the maximum heat output, but it should be ok. If you are considering upgrading to one, their 6 month return policy should provide good peace of mind. Give them a call if you have any questions about what they'll burn. They have a good support line.

Reactions: raybonz and rideau
Burn and learn like we all do.Burn and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.