Attention Roospike and Gunner!!!!! (plus anybody else with a Summit)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Hey Guys, just wanted to let you know that I have purchased a Pacific Summit, FINALLY, and I fell really good about it. After researching (thanks for all of your help Hearth Room) Lopi, Avalon, Hearthstone, Regency, and Vermont Castings, I know I have chosen the correct size and brand. I selected the gold trim, pedistal, and blower, VERY SWEET!!!!! It was a close call between the Summit and the Summit Classic, but in my Florida Room the Summit with gold trim is a good match.....Pretty good deal, 2,100 for everything. I thought about getting the blower that you have Roospike but he gave me a good price on the Pacific blower (even though the blower is 130cfm and yours is 160). I will be picking it up on Friday, man I won't be able to sleep!!!!!Not that I sleep anyway with a 6 month old......
Thanks to all for your help in this decision Gunner and Roospike, et al., the wealth of knowledge is incredible
Stay tuned for pictures when I put it in!!!!!!!

Good choice, you will be happy. Be sure to post some pics when she's up and running.

Congrats. $2,100.00 is damn good with gold trim & such. My insert was $2,100.00 all black.
Good deal, great stove.
We are taking over!!!!!!!!!! SUMMIT SUMMIT SUMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah, thanks for the congrats.

For a year I have had to listen to my father in law say "Well, you wouldn't have to worry about being cold or using small logs if you bought a stove like mine (Avalon Olympic), a real stove"
Now I can't wait to say "You could get easily a good overnight burn if you bought a stove like mine!!!!" Ah-Ha, top that one Pops.....

JFK said:

For a year I have had to listen to my father in law say "Well, you wouldn't have to worry about being cold or using small logs if you bought a stove like mine (Avalon Olympic), a real stove"
Now I can't wait to say "You could get easily a good overnight burn if you bought a stove like mine!!!!" Ah-Ha, top that one Pops.....

Well, for those of us not lucky enough to own the ultimate heating machine, please tell us you didn't get the whore house red one?????

UncleRich said:
JFK said:
Well, for those of us not lucky enough to own the ultimate heating machine, please tell us you didn't get the whore house red one?????

Just let us know if they included the standard ball peen hammer and Cresent wrench door adjustment kit.

Awesome ! Your getting the stove you want and in the trim package you like , ya cant beat that.

Tell your father in law ........"E.B.T. BABY" ;-)

as for the CFM of the fan of 140 vs 160 , not a big deal at all . I run my fan 90% of the time at 1/3 power/speed just to roll the heat off the stove and let the ceiling fan do its job , it not like you can heat the other end of the house with just a 160 CFM blower anyway. Just let the heat roll.

I like all the trim packages of the Summit but I'm not so sure on the Classic in "blue" , Id have to see it in the right house in person to think different of the color.

JFK , Sounds like you gotz the right stove fer ya.

By the way guys ! rumor has it UncleRich LOVES WHOREHOUSE RED!

BrotherBart said:
JFK said:

Just let us know if they included the standard ball peen hammer and Cresent wrench door adjustment kit.

Some other brand of stoves have to come with a WELDER so the hammer and cresent wrench wont be so bad. ;-P

Roospike said:
BrotherBart said:
JFK said:

Some other brand of stoves have to come with a WELDER so the hammer and cresent wrench wont be so bad. ;-P

Or a standard equipment pickup truck to haul it back to the factory!

*********************** :lol: ****************************

:wow:........... :eek:hh:........... :gulp:.............. :bug:

my summit insert came in the Flourecent orange color.............oohhhh sh-t!!! too many bio bricks. J/K
Serious though, you will LOVE your PE summit

JFK said:

All he has to do is buy a Blaze King and top yours, 4.5 cu ft fire box make the summit one look punny

as for the fan who cares about 160 cfms when one can have a 700 cfm one witha Blaze King

Could have saved about $1700 and bought a larger fire box Englander NC-30 that is heating the entire state of VA
THAT'S RIGHT HOME DEPOT CLEARANCE HAD NC-30 SELLING FOR $388

Never to less you bought a real quality stove at a decent price good luck we expect pictures

Hi burning Chunk,

congrats on the PE summit. I am contemplating making the switch. Please keep us al informed on the heating results and progress.

And like ELK said, pictures.

Carpniels

PS. Since you are a forest ranger, do you get to take all the blown over trees in state forests in NY for free? Sweet deal!!! Can you hook me up too :)

elkimmeg said:
JFK said:

All he has to do is buy a Blaze King and top yours, 4.5 cu ft fire box make the summit one look punny

as for the fan who cares about 160 cfms when one can have a 700 cfm one witha Blaze King

Could have saved about $1700 and bought a larger fire box Englander NC-30 that is heating the entire state of VA
THAT'S RIGHT HOME DEPOT CLEARANCE HAD NC-30 SELLING FOR $388

Never to less you bought a real quality stove at a decent price good luck we expect pictures

Those Blaze Kings sure look good on paper....

If a 4.5cu King can get a 47hr burn well then everyone with a 2cu cat stove should be getting a good 20hrs right????

Hope those cats last....at $274 to replace you could almost get a new englander.

Not all blaze kings are Cat stoves they have thermoatic controled secondary burn similar to the summit n ETB but with a larger fire box.

Btw the cat replacement at stove combustors.com is $245 A small price to pay to burn 82% effeciency compared to 63 Epa Listed for the Summit or only 1.76 grams per hour compared to twice as much from a summit

What with you summit owners, you have problems admitting another Canadian company, that been building quality stove a lot longer than PE and that they produce more heat have larger fire boxes and burn cleaner. Its ok to have another quality company, one that has been time tested.

It's ok to admit PE originally made Blaze King knockoffs and that they coppied Blaze King designs. Don't be upset you found this after you bought your Summits.
You still bought a quality stove. You did not know there was a bigger badder stove. You thought you bought that.

elkimmeg said:
Not all blaze kings are Cat stoves they have thermoatic controled secondary burn similar to the summit n ETB but with a larger fire box.

Btw the cat replacement at stove combustors.com is $245 A small price to pay to burn 82% effeciency compared to 63 Epa Listed for the Summit or only 1,76 grams per hour compared to twice as much from a summit

What with you summit owners you have problems admitting another Canadian company that been building quality stove a lot longer that PE and that they produce more heat have larger fire boxes and burn cleaner. Its ok to have another quality company, one what has been time tested.

Food fight! Food fight!

Looks like ole" ELKer is stirring up some chit.
And NO, the Summit is not 63% efficient its 73% and as members keep telling you Elk the 63% is the standard posted test # on all non cat stoves but we dont mind telling you AGAIN in this thread.

I own the Pacific Energy stove and i have see up close the blaze kings stove and take it from some one that fabricates and build with steel ..........the blaze king is not in the same leage when it come to quality and workmanship as the Pacific Energy stoves.
Not to say the blaze king is garbage but just not up to the same standards as PE from all the stoves i have seen.

****************** ;-) ******************

Last time I checked 82% effeciency was still a lot better than 73. I much rather have a B- than a c- on my report card. But one has to look at the grams per hour to tell the whole story

Hey don't gat mad at me because PE dosn't build a cleaner stove. Get mad at them. With all the ETB and they still lag behind. That's not my fault. Could it be they are using better technology?

As for stirring it up ,all the facts I presented are a direct cut and past from their web site. It holds the same validity as what PE prints.

My Englander stove is so efficient that I put ashes in it and two hours later pull out oak logs to use in the Jotuls.

Hey B 1.63 grams an hour larger fire box Those are impressive numbers. How can Englander afford a stove the has a larger fire box but puts out half the grams per hour than aPE summit does, with a smaller fire box? Costing about 3 times more ( PE Summit 3.65 grams.) Whow BB that is impressive. Forget the ETB I'll take what Englander is serving. All for $ 388 at home depot 2 weeks ago.

Those are metric grams... Canada ya know :roll: %-P :)

Status
Not open for further replies.