Attention Roospike and Gunner!!!!! (plus anybody else with a Summit)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elkimmeg said:
Hey B 1.63 grams an hour larger fire box Those are impressive numbers. How can Englander afford a stove the has a larger fire box but puts out half the grams per hour than aPE summit does, with a smaller fire box? Costing about 3 times more ( PE Summit 3.65 grams.) Whow BB that is impressive. Forget the ETB I'll take what Englander is serving. All for $ 388 at home depot 2 weeks ago.

Must be the thinner steel. Guess I will need to pick up three more for spares. Mine has EBT. Extended BroBart Technology. My right hand on the primary air rod.

elkimmeg said:
Not all blaze kings are Cat stoves they have thermoatic controled secondary burn similar to the summit n ETB but with a larger fire box.

Btw the cat replacement at stove combustors.com is $245 A small price to pay to burn 82% effeciency compared to 63 Epa Listed for the Summit or only 1.76 grams per hour compared to twice as much from a summit

What with you summit owners, you have problems admitting another Canadian company, that been building quality stove a lot longer than PE and that they produce more heat have larger fire boxes and burn cleaner. Its ok to have another quality company, one that has been time tested.

It's ok to admit PE originally made Blaze King knockoffs and that they coppied Blaze King designs. Don't be upset you found this after you bought your Summits.
You still bought a quality stove. You did not know there was a bigger badder stove. You thought you bought that.

Elker you are cracking me up. Do you believe everything you read on a website...47hr burn time and 82% effeciency...OK

PE only claims an honest 10 hrs on the Summit.

If they are as good as you say why is finding a needle in a hay stack easier than a blazeking owner.

I'll throw the other 2grams per hour up the chimney thank you very much and spend the $245 on a cord of wood. Elk how many grams in a cord of oak?

Elk how many grams in a cord of oak?

A cord of the wood had a mass of 1.45 x10/6 grams, or 1.450.000 grams

Elker you are cracking me up. Do you believe everything you read on a website...47hr burn time and 82% effeciency...OK

I know it is hard to believe that a $388 Home cheapo stove blows the doors off the PE sumit interms of grams polutants by 100% less emitances

And it only has EBT Extra brother bart hand on tha air control. You are righ it is hard to believe all this bull about ETB and they can't beat an Englander sold in Home Cheapo
real hard to believe

elkimmeg said:
Elk how many grams in a cord of oak?

A cord of the wood had a mass of 1.45 x10/6 grams, or 1.450.000 grams

I know it is hard to believe that a $388 Home cheapo stove blows the doors off the PE sumit interms of grams polutants by 100% less emitances

And it only has EBT Extra brother bart hand on tha air control. You are righ it is hard to believe all this bull about ETB and they can't beat an Englander sold in Home Cheapo
real hard to believe

:lol:

I willing to admitt the PE summit blows the doors of my $500 used stove heat wise, but I like the idea mine emit 100% less polutants.

hard to believe my old technology blows the doors off EBT infact my 20 year old freebie stove also blows the doors off modern EBT.

jason1238 said:
...gettin' HOT in here!!!!!! :grrr:

A little heat is good now and then :coolsmile:

My stove can beat up your stove. Nah nahna nah nah.

elkimmeg said:
I willing to admitt the PE summit blows the doors of my $500 used stove heat wise, but I like the idea mine emit 100% less polutants.

hard to believe my old technology blows the doors off EBT infact my 20 year old freebie stove also blows the doors off modern EBT.

I don't burn in an EPA test lab, I burn in the real world...and I'll put my chimney cap up against any stove out there. 3 cords since dec and the spark screen is like new, many less gram/hr stoves cleaning there plugged caps monthly.

A cap don't lie elk...... :coolsmile:

BrotherBart said:

Yo stove so ugly......even the dog won't lay next to it :p

jason1238 said:
...gettin' HOT in here!!!!!! :grrr:

Its one thing to be hot but as this plays out its hot and dirty

Ok Ok I'm as guilty at promoting a certain manufacturer but within it model line. I will not recomend some inserts The PE Summit is an exceptional stove. I think I get tired hearing all its virtues expounded every day here. It started with Frank. then on to Roo and snowballed. We have heard all the hype about EBT more than a few times. It's ok to have a loyal following
but the PE summit is not the bees knees for all. I can't have a top l exit stove, so the summit was never an option. the loyal following would like you to belive that the PE summit is the biggest baddest srove available. They feel threatened when someone mentions an alternative they have no ammunition to dispute. The Blaze King has a full cubic foot larger fire box, it burns cleaner than the Summit, as tested by the EPA. The grams polutants confirm this no dispute there. Yes I added to the PE fevor and antagonize them with an alternative stove that is larger and burns longer and cleaner that the PE Summit. Just like the summit the blaze king is not one size that fits all. I hope my point was well taken but I must leave this post to offer real help to an
unhappy Harman Oakwood owner. The fun is over I will not excalate this further. If our stove preform what they are intended to, then we tend to promote them as the best. We commited considerable money trying to provide heat to our homes and to wean ourselves from the grasp of OPEC. All here are using a renewable source of heat and should be commended. We all are winning from our efforts to be responsible. Thanks

Gunner said:
elkimmeg said:

I don't burn in an EPA test lab, I burn in the real world...and I'll put my chimney cap up against any stove out there. 3 cords since dec and the spark screen is like new, many less gram/hr stoves cleaning there plugged caps monthly.

A cap don't lie elk...... :coolsmile:

I wouldn't know never owned a chimney cap , never had to worry abou unplugging them. 30 years of opperations I must be doing something right.
But if it were right it would be a PE Summit ,but that can't be. They did not exist 30 years ago so I guess it would have to be a Blaze King, Vermont
Castings or Jotul. I take my 150 cords of wood burning as a real word sampling as to how clean stoves burn.

Ya know , The only one you here complain about the PEs and Summits are the one that DONT own the stove :) Ya never hear a bad thing about the PE and Summits from the actual owners.

Just go out and buy u a Summit already and get u some of dat EBT fer yourself. ;-)

Damn , Its tuff for the Summit to become such a stove celebrity , everyone wants to be the National Enquirer tabloid .........Just come on in ...........The waters great ! Join the crowd .

Roospike said:
Ya know , The only one you here complain about the PEs and Summits are the one that DONT own the stove :) Ya never hear a bad thing about the PE and Summits from the actual owners.

Just go out and buy u a Summit already and get u some of dat EBT fer yourself. ;-)

Damn , Its tuff for the Summit to become such a stove celebrity , everyone wants to be the National Enquirer tabloid .........Just come on in ...........The waters great ! Join the crowd .

I haven't seen any barrel stove burners complaining here either. Or OWB owners. Or Vogelzang owners...

Pacific makes a great product. Here is a funny story. In 1985 or so one of my dealers (Wayne) called my dad and told us to take on Pacific Energy as a distributor. We set up the deal ordered the truckload of stoves and they came in. Wayne called my dad and asked him how the stove burned. My dad said it burns good. Wayne called him a f***ing liar and hung up. This happened 3 times each time my dad said the stove burns good each time Wayne said stuff it you are lying. We finally set the stove in our showroom and burned it and we ended up getting a 14 hour burn time. My dad called Wayne that morning and asked him if he snuck some wood in our stove overnight. Wayne said NOW I know you burned the Pacific. We have been selling them ever since.

Gunner said:
BrotherBart said:

Yo stove so ugly.... nobody would touch it if you filled it with doughnuts and sat it in front of Jenny Craig's. :coolgrin:

BrotherBart said:
Gunner said:
BrotherBart said:

Yo stove so ugly.... nobody would touch it if you filled it with doughnuts and sat it in front of Jenny Craig's. :coolgrin:
Ugly stoves need loving too. Its the ugly ones that try harder :)

I am just finishing my first season with my new PE summit classic I must say it does everything PE says it will do I am happy with it ! I am a pilot and work 7 days on and 7 off, one week I left on monday and came back on sunday guess what still some hot coals in the summit ! Ok with that said I owned a VC encore for 10 years it was much cleaner and more efficient but I got tired of maintaining the darn thing seems like everytime you turn around somthing needed to be done to it..I will say that after 10 years of burning it I cleaned the chimney and got about a quart jar full of real fine creosote out of the chimney now that is clean !

That is freakin' impressive I might add that you got about a week on the Pacific with coals, even if you found only a couple, that is impressive.....

Man, I guess I am entering in a "War" of Stoves getting a Pacific Summit tomorrow(YAHOO!!!!). I will not be able to compare it with the Blaze King(which makes me very curious to research this stove)I can compare to only a Lopi Liberty and Avalon Olympic. But since I will use this stove 24/7 I will able to give some more "input" about this stove. I thought I would never buy anything but an Avalon because of the tremendous heat, clean burn (1/8 cup of fine creosote in 1 year), clean glass(only had to clean my glass once in one year, same with my father in laws stove for 5 years), and good looks (athestically pleasing).

I picked the brains of the finest Summit owners on this forum(thanks all), 9 store owners, (they sell Lopi, Avalon too), and finally 1 relative that traded in his Soapstone for a Summit. I have heard the same thing from all, "The heat output and long burn time will blow you away"

Stay tuned for pics of my stove, Hell I might even Honor Roosterboy and do a video of my Summit burn. I even have a very cool dog to put in it...... "Thank you, Elvin........", great video Roosterboy where did you go?

Roosterboy.....were are you roosterboy.

JFK good luck Part of my post was to point out another alternative. I mean who would not want to know about a stove that burns 82.5% efficiency and claims 40 hour burns.
Till this thread, I never knew the Englander Nc-30 burned so clean . and was surprised the Summit burned that dirty, especially with all the hype about EBT.

But I guess that me ,a person that has burned wood and figured I saved using 20,000 gallons probably more of oil in the 30 years since I built my home. My two stoves combined do not emits as many grams as one PE summit, but that just me. Not all are that enviormentally conscious Unfortunately we live in a society where moms drive huge Suv, to pick up kids at school even-though they are on a Bus route. What really pains me is all my efforts to conserve makes more oil/ gas / fuel for others to abuse and miss use. I built my home 30 years ago using all the available knowledge to build the most efficient home I could afford It took me almost a year to stick built it no help My walls exterior walls are R-28 my southern exposure with 4 sliders take full advantage of passive solar radiation. I limited windows and glass exposure facing north I built into a hill on the north face eliminating exposure on the coldest side. I built this home and designed it around a huge center location granite field stone 4 flue fire place where wood stove heat is absorbed 24/4 and the huge mass emits heat long after the fire has burned down.
Some may say I was antagonizing PE owners about efficiency and pollutant I'm just being true to my character. I wish PE was monitoring this forum as VC does and make cleaner stoves.
the electric splitter and chain saw are not an accident. I know that most of my electricity is being supplied by Hydro Electric from Niagara falls plus there is very little noise pollution

elkimmeg said:
JFK good luck Part of my post was to point out another alternative. I mean who would not want to know about a stove that burns 82.5% efficiency and claims 40 hour burns.
Till this thread, I never knew the Englander Nc-30 burned so clean . and was surprised the Summit burned that dirty, especially with all the hype about EBT.

But I guess that me ,a person that has burned wood and figured I saved using 20,000 gallons probably more of oil in the 30 years since I built my home. My two stoves combined do not emits as many grams as one PE summit, but that just me. Not all are that enviormentally conscious Unfortunately we live in a society where moms drive huge Suv, to pick up kids at school even-though they are on a Bus route. What really pains me is all my efforts to conserve makes more oil/ gas / fuel for others to abuse and miss use. I built my home 30 years ago using all the available knowledge to build the most efficient home I could afford It took me almost a year to stick built it no help My walls exterior walls are R-28 my southern exposure with 4 sliders take full advantage of passive solar radiation. I limited windows and glass exposure facing north I built into a hill on the north face eliminating exposure on the coldest side. I built this home and designed it around a huge center location granite field stone 4 flue fire place where wood stove heat is absorbed 24/4 and the huge mass emits heat long after the fire has burned down.
Some may say I was antagonizing PE owners about efficiency and pollutant I'm just being true to my character. I wish PE was monitoring this forum as VC does and make cleaner stoves.
the electric splitter and chain saw are not an accident. I know that most of my electricity is being supplied by Hydro Electric from Niagara falls plus there is very little noise pollution

Ya know Elk, sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it. Think about it. Ron

Yes Elk , your VC cat- stove is cleaner burning than the Summit by (what was it figured in the other thread) 1 log difference and that lasts about what 1 maybe 2 years with the cat when new before its performance starts to go down hill. As they said , the cat combuster looses it efficiency of around 50% in 3-6 years so on a 20 year average that means the noncat stove is an overall cleaner burning stove.

** Note: I was going to drop it and not say anything the first time you mentioned it but sense your brought it up again .................... ;-)

Roosterboy oh Roosterboy, where for are thou?

THANK YOU ELVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Damn is that a funny dog walking arond with his dish)

Does anybody have a link about the Blaze king

Status
Not open for further replies.