Attention Roospike and Gunner!!!!! (plus anybody else with a Summit)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elkimmeg said:
I know that most of my electricity is being supplied by Hydro Electric from Niagara falls plus there is very little noise pollution

Your commitment towards self-sufficiency and minimizing dependency on fossil fuel is really commendable Elk. Do you have a choice of where your electricity comes from? I thought the city area was fed via NSTAR by the Seabrook and Pilgrim nuclear plants as well as the big coal plant in Salem. Not sure about the Brayton and Sommerset plants. Are Boston area residential customers allowed to select their source of power?

Gunner that seems like a really impressive stove, Does not look too bad either. 40 hour burn time, DAMN, what do you have to put in it a face cord of wood? Just kidding, anybody have one of these? Too good to be true maybe? I am still happy with my decision of the PE Summit, Lifetime warranty is pretty sweet. Blaze king warranty 5 years? Still looks impressive online.

In about 30 minutes my Summit should be here, YAH BABY!!!!!!!

29, 28, 27 minutes .........pacing the floor.......26, 25 ,24 minutes.....looking out the window.....
23, 22, 21 .......DAMN, are they here yet ! ...20, 19, 18 ......<the phone rings> WHAT!? that better NOT be them telling me there going to cancel or be late .........17, 16, 15.........looks like cob webs on the clock........14, 13, 12 minutes ..........pacing the floor and looking out the window ..........

*********AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*************

BeGreen said:
elkimmeg said:
I know that most of my electricity is being supplied by Hydro Electric from Niagara falls plus there is very little noise pollution

Your commitment towards self-sufficiency and minimizing dependency on fossil fuel is really commendable Elk. Do you have a choice of where your electricity comes from? I thought the city area was fed via NSTAR by the Seabrook and Pilgrim nuclear plants as well as the big coal plant in Salem. Not sure about the Brayton and Sommerset plants. Are Boston area residential customers allowed to select their source of power?

You are right our main source is being ties to the grid from Niarga Falls I don't know the percentage but I believe it to be 50 or more %
Yes all those Nukes. coal. natural gas, wood chip and trash to electricity plants are tied into the grid.

While we are talking electrical energy.
I have a question. How can the industry be de-regulated and some company offer me rates that do not own the plants lines poles or anything and I still pay Nstar my original provider?
and offer me rates cheaper? but still repair services from Nstar?

elkimmeg said:
You are right our main source is being ties to the grid from Niarga Falls I don't know the percentage but I believe it to be 50 or more %
Yes all those Nukes. coal. natural gas, wood chip and trash to electricity plants are tied into the grid.

While we are talking electrical energy.
I have a question. How can the industry be de-regulated and some company offer me rates that do not own the plants lines poles or anything and I still pay Nstar my original provider?
and offer me rates cheaper? but still repair services from Nstar?

Thats why they used the diverisification scam to run your rates up (again) NStar still owns all the lines and poles, etc. and overcharges you for maintaining them. The other outfits only own generators and the lines that go from the generators to the grid. So you pay one supplier for the power, and the other for the wires it gets carried on....

On our bills it doesn't make much difference, the actual cost of electricity is the smallest amount on them - we are charged more for the wire maintainance and service fees. The difference between the different companies actually works out to only a couple dollars a month, if that.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.